Slow Acceleration

Lexusowner69

ok so here's the deal I am 17 and i own a 1990 Lexus LS400, i drive the car everyday and one day the acceleration went down the drain. I have gotten many peoples thoughts on it and all i have gotten outta it is the catalytic convertors are either shot/ plugged. i was wondering if anyone could let me know if there having the same problem or if they might know what the problem is. If u do please let me know how to fix it and about how much it would cost please remember i am only a teenager with really limited money so please let me know the cheapest but best way to fix it.

Thank you all i really appreciate it :)

u probly need a tune up. spark plugs and wires. hopefully its that simple. have them inspected or if you have any common sense go to lexls.com and inspect them yourself. if they look very old and fragile then they need replacing if you really aren't sure post your mileage and a pic and we'll tell you the best advice

Check your wires, especially your coil wires. You have 2, the one on the left side drivers side tends to loosen and causes all kinds of trouble, since it will loosen due to gravity. It's not that often that it's a fuel problem, usually seems to be electrically related. Do a search on this site for your problem. Bet you solve it easily. Best of luck.