Throttle Body Problems With Sc430

cssc430

I have a 2002 SC430 and had to have the throttle body replaced a few months ago. The problem my car had prior to it being replaced has returned a few days ago. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem. The car will begin to lose pressure as I am driving and pushing the gas further to the floor does nothing. Its as if I have taken my foot off the gas completely. Once I wait a few minutes and accelerate again it picks back up and picks up speed. I trusted my dealer when it was diagnosed to be the throttle body, and my problem did go away for the months following the repair, but now its back again??? Does anyone have any idea or experiences with this??

Thank you!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
I have a 2002 SC430 and had to have the throttle body replaced a few months ago. The problem my car had prior to it being replaced has returned a few days ago. Has anyone else ever experienced this problem. The car will begin to lose pressure as I am driving and pushing the gas further to the floor does nothing. Its as if I have taken my foot off the gas completely. Once I wait a few minutes and accelerate again it picks back up and picks up speed. I trusted my dealer when it was diagnosed to be the throttle body, and my problem did go away for the months following the repair, but now its back again??? Does anyone have any idea or experiences with this??

Thank you!

can anyone help me with this problem? I have a 2002 sc430 also doing the same thing. can you email me at presseyf@hotmail.com Frankie

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you!

can anyone help me with this problem? I have a 2002 sc430 also doing the same thing. can you email me at presseyf@hotmail.com Frankie

The 430 has an electronic throttle. There is no "throttle cable" connected to the throttle body. So the problem sounds like it's electronic not mechanical. I doubt seriously that there is a problem with the throttle body itself. I would suggest having the dealer check out the throttle electronics. Hope this helps.....Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Change the Air filter if not new and clean the airflowsensor, the one next to the air cleaner, or maybe replace it. Clean it firts see if it is different. If not will have to scan the car and have a mechanic to check that sensor voltage. CCF

Change the Air filter if not new and clean the airflowsensor, the one next to the air cleaner, or maybe replace it. Clean it firts see if it is different. If not will have to scan the car and have a mechanic to check that sensor voltage. CCF