Fog Light Wiring Harness/connector

harperc

I recently purchased a fog light on eBay for my IS300. I should stop there, but I'll continue for the sake of humoring you. The 2 ends of the wiring connectors do not match up. Does Lexus use more than one type of wiring harness/connector or did I get one from a non-US make? Is there an adapter or will cutting the wires and connecting them work?

• 2 weeks later...
Get another set of connectors and crimp them on.

Yeh, fabbing wiring harnesses for most apps is fairly simple. I have to do the same thing for my fog light since I hit a tree in the road awhile back and it destroyed my bumper, fender well, foglight wiring. Anyway, I plan to just use 2 negative blade terminals - the kind you use for speaker wiring - and just slide the blades on the light bulb to get a good connection. Pretty simple this way, and it should work for you, too ;) good luck

• 2 months later...

I just spliced the wires & crimped them together, which worked. Thanks!

Get another set of connectors and crimp them on.

Yeh, fabbing wiring harnesses for most apps is fairly simple. I have to do the same thing for my fog light since I hit a tree in the road awhile back and it destroyed my bumper, fender well, foglight wiring. Anyway, I plan to just use 2 negative blade terminals - the kind you use for speaker wiring - and just slide the blades on the light bulb to get a good connection. Pretty simple this way, and it should work for you, too ;) good luck