Tire Pressure Warning Light Always On - 2004 Sc430

Uzi

The tire pressure warning light is always on in my 2004 SC430 with run flats. The pressure in all my tires is the same, checked it multiple times. The pressure in the tires have also not changed for 2 days, so don't think there is a flat. The light stays on with no audible alarm or flashing. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

P.S: New owner and saw the same issue on a different SC430 I test drove.

A few possible answers. Check your glove box. Car can have two sets of tires registered. You may have accidently hit the switch, which means the monitoring system is looking for the second set and not finding it. Other possibilities could be a sensor in one the tires is broken or is missing. Another possibility is a sensor may have been replaced but never registered.

• Like 1

The tire pressure warning light is always on in my 2004 SC430 with run flats. The pressure in all my tires is the same, checked it multiple times. The pressure in the tires have also not changed for 2 days, so don't think there is a flat. The light stays on with no audible alarm or flashing. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

The spare tire also has a sensor. Check the pressure in the spare.

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a low tire pressure lite that is on continously in my 2002 SC430, despite all tires having correct air pressure. How can I determine which wheel has the faulty tire pressure sensor? Do these sensors have batteries in them? And what do you mean by "register" the tire pressue sensors?

Hi There,

Log on to the uk forum and find detailed instructions on how to dicconect the sensors, quite easy. The batteries tend to have a 4 year life, unfortunately the complete sensor has to be replaced.

Handy gadget, while it works! Asif

• 3 weeks later...

I just now had the same problem so I decided to take the car into the Lexus dealer, they were very responsive to have me come in. Unfortunatley they quoted me $160 to perform an analysis to find out which sensor may be malfunctioning. I will check out the UK site to disconnect the sensors, I refuse to pay for an answer that I already know.

I just now had the same problem so I decided to take the car into the Lexus dealer, they were very responsive to have me come in. Unfortunatley they quoted me $160 to perform an analysis to find out which sensor may be malfunctioning. I will check out the UK site to disconnect the sensors, I refuse to pay for an answer that I already know.

how sleezy. Sorry to read about it. Is anybody aware of an aftermarket fix?

• 4 weeks later...

how sleezy. Sorry to read about it. Is anybody aware of an aftermarket fix?

I decided to check out a local tire dealer. They informed that their sensor tool (a scanner that can identify specifically which sensor is bad) works on 80% of the sensors on the market. Unfortunately Lexus falls in the 20%, has anyone had this same experience? Why doesn't the Lexus dealer have this scanner or is that what they charge $160 for? Ugh!

• 4 weeks later...

I have tyhe same problem! Same car/same year! The dealer said for 300 I could get it fixed.....yeah, right.

I recetnly replaced the Wheels on my 05 but I had the same tires put right back on. It was done by a local Goodyear dealer. I specifically requested that they write down the "serial numbers/identification umbers for the TPMS sensors which they did. That way you have the numbers for use later w/o unmounting the tire. I also made sure that they put the sensors back on EXACTLy the same position on the car (i.e. RF on rgiht Front, LF on left front, etc.). In doing so, I hae not had any issues wiht the TPMS light coming on. I suspect that when the tires/wheels were put back on the car, the changed [position of the wheels and the TPMS sensors are no longer communicating to the ECU in the right "sequence" or with the right receiver. I'm not sure but I think the Lexus has twor receviers (one mounted forward for the front two wheels and one mounted in the rear for the back two.

Maybe someone else ont he Forum can confimr the two receiveers but I know for a fact that the sensors must go back in the ame places or they have to be "re-registered" (which is why the serial number is so important.

• 2 weeks later...

Being new here & to sc430s in general (don't have mine yet - in progress)... just wondering if having these sensors is really necessary given the aforementioned headaches (i.e. more trouble then they're worth?)...especially in light of potentially running with 2 sets of tires/rims (summer & winter)... given the cost, I'd rather not have to buy 4 additional sensors if I don't have to, and if possible will disable the 4 I have when I swap tires.

• 1 year later...

So has anybody confirm of the location of the TPIS receivers have to be in the right location? I just got 2 tires replaced and work fine for 5 months. Last week the low pressure warning light came up and can not figure out why. Brought it back to Discount Tires and they used some kind of tool without unmounting the tires to check. They said nothing wrong that they can fix. It may have to be reset by the dealer. Don't want to pay an arm and a leg for something like this. By the way, my is the 2006 model.

• 1 month later...

No one has mentioned the following, so I will: If you go to the SC430 form at the Club Lexus web site and open the sticky entitled "How to disable tire-pressure monitoring (TPM) system?" you will find instructions on how to do so, as well as a discussion of pros and cons. It took me 20 minutes. If you go this old-school route, just be sure to buy a mechanical (pencil-type) tire pressure guage and take a couple of miunutes to use it every week or so.

UZI - I've searched for the Sticky you refer to and have been unable to find it. Can you post a link?

Pear: Are you asking Uzi or me for a link? If me, here it is:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-430/189740-how-to-disable-tire-pressure-monitoring-tpm-system.html

I suggest you view Post #25 for written instructions and then Post #20 for photos. Post numbers are on the right side of the screen. And I don't know if you can open the link without first joining the club (free/easy), but worth a try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

Log on to the uk forum and find detailed instructions on how to dicconect the sensors, quite easy. The batteries tend to have a 4 year life, unfortunately the complete sensor has to be replaced.

Handy gadget, while it works! Asif