Locked Out, Please Help

split1atom

Ok, I'm just a coworker of this poor locked out lexus owner. I know a little about cars, but this is the most baffling thing I've ever seen. If you try to unlock the door manually through the sunroof, the electric wont work and the manual switch keeps trying to relock. I had to hold the button open while she pulled the door handle. Whole time the alarm is going off of course and all the neighbors are out watching us. I attempted to pull out the seat only to find that the back is now closed off completely from the trunk. Can you tell what year cars I like? Guess I should have asked here first. Anyway, the hood is the only thing that works inside the car. We got it opened and disconnected the battery. We will get back with you in an hour. As for the vin number radio thing, the last 4 numbers are 0608. No 0 and no 8 on the radio. Anyone know anything more about that?

Thanks

Ok, I'm just a coworker of this poor locked out lexus owner. I know a little about cars, but this is the most baffling thing I've ever seen. If you try to unlock the door manually through the sunroof, the electric wont work and the manual switch keeps trying to relock. I had to hold the button open while she pulled the door handle. Whole time the alarm is going off of course and all the neighbors are out watching us. I attempted to pull out the seat only to find that the back is now closed off completely from the trunk. Can you tell what year cars I like? Guess I should have asked here first. Anyway, the hood is the only thing that works inside the car. We got it opened and disconnected the battery. We will get back with you in an hour. As for the vin number radio thing, the last 4 numbers are 0608. No 0 and no 8 on the radio. Anyone know anything more about that?
It doesn't sound like there is a security code..... http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=6502

Yeah, the only way you're going to get in to the trunk is by unlocking it. The gas tank is behind the back seat, so you're not going to get in that way. ;)

It doesn't sound like there is a security code..... http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...?showtopic=6502

Yeah, the only way you're going to get in to the trunk is by unlocking it. The gas tank is behind the back seat, so you're not going to get in that way. ;)

You ROCK....that solves the question on the security code. My salesman thinks I've lost it. So here is the deal, apparently the extra key i have right now is the valet key......which will not get me in the trunk (which we knew). So no matter what I have to order a new master key ($200)??. We just plugged the battery back up but the key still won't work in the ignition.

:blink::blink::unsure::blink::blink::huh: :(

I've got to admit, this is an amazing thread to read. My apologies, I have no idea how to fix this. The car doesn't have some kind of aftermarket security system on it, does it? You don't have a different kind of key-fob gadget to lock/unlock the car? It says Lexus on it, right?