Clock Stays At 1:00.

davidditt

My digital clock always says 1:00, although I guess Jimmy B. says it's 1:00 oclock somewhere, or something like that. Anyway my remote key won't program either, may be related.

Thanks

May be you need re-program your key remote. Need how to program the remote key? Email me @ ssuen2005@yahoo.com

My digital clock always says 1:00, although I guess Jimmy B. says it's 1:00 oclock somewhere, or something like that. Anyway my remote key won't program either, may be related.

Thanks

May be you need re-program your key remote. Need how to program the remote key? Email me @ ssuen2005@yahoo.com

CoolWater, I have the instructions, or what I think is the instructions. It seems to make it as it should all the way to the end but won't do the final thing, don't remember what that is though.

I wish guys. The problem has been going on for three years or so and I just put a new battery in a couple of months ago, for what turned out to be a starter thing. Which by the way thanks to this forum, I changed myself and saved 700.00 dollars, thank you very much. The dealer told me that my computer was bad and for 1,500.00 he'd be glad to fix it. Didn't seem worth it to fix the clock. I still can't get over it,but in one month I've already saved almost 2,000.00 because of you guys. I feel like I need to buy someone lunch or tickets to a ball game or something. I changed a starter myself took thirty minutes and cleaned that IACV. I been afraid to work on my Lexus because I thought I would screw something up, but look at me now. Now that I think about it, I haven't tried to set the clock since I changed the battery, but then again the dealer would no about the battery thing and they would never try to sell me something I didn;t need.

Since your in california, what kind of battery did you buy? If it was from Kragens, it is still a battery thing. Worst batteries ever. From a lot a experience.....

Lenore, it was actually Sam's, the cheapest one they have. I never really thought about a battery doing anything but start the car. Interesting, but with all the computer stuff going on these days I can see voltage related things maybe being an issue . So the clock staying at 1:00 could be just its way of saying it doesn't like what it sees in the battery?

Thanks

Is your clock truly stuck at 1:00? Or is it resetting to 1:00 every time you start the car? If it is stuck at 1:00 and you never see it advance to even 1:01 I doubt very much if it is the battery. The normal failure mode of the RX battery is the resetting to 1:00 every time you start the car. A battery almost always fixes this scenario. The battery will test fine and even pass a load test but you will find if you change the battery it will fix the clock resetting.

Now if your clock is actually stuck at 1:00 and never advances and you want to eliminate the battery, try this. Pull your other car up next to the RX and connect jumper cables to the RX battery cables from your other car. I would disconnect the cables from the RX battery, completely eliminating it. No need to even start either car. Just set the clock and wait a minute and see if it advances. If not don't waste you money on a replacement battery.

I'll try the battery cable thing Mikey00. I can set the clock, it will change to say 10:12 as I've just done sitting here in the RX. It changes okay, the 2 dots flash like it's counting the seconds, but it stays on 10:12. As soon as I turn the engine off it goes back to 1:00. The battery cables seem to be clean and in good shape, so I'll try the jumper cable thing just to see what happens.

Thanks a lot