93' Ls400 Acting Weird...

Kanos

I don't know if im just listening to much to the car or there is something wrong here but my car has been acting a bit weird ..

Ok when I first start taking off, usually when the car is cold it will make a VERY SOFT Wooommpp sound probably about a half of second sound, and it happens at the most random times. It only happens under thirty miles an hour and when it is cold but other than that it is completely random on when it happens.

The next thing is something that may have been there before bu i never noticed it, when i take off as i get higher in spped i hear a very soft whistling sound the seems to go with the speed im traveling.

It also seems then when i take the car out of park and into gear it will drop almost below five hundred RPM's and get a bit of vibration. I dont know if this is normal or not.

I am just wondering if anyone has heard anything that even remotely sounds like what im describing hear.

The whoomp sound may be your ABS starting up, lots of cars do it. and the whistling sound may just be air hitting your car at certain speeds, unless it's more of a whining coming from the engine bay.