Removing Front Bumper 2002 Rx-300

2002LexRX

Hi

First post, need some help. My Front License plate was torn off in a parking lot. Bolts sheared off. I have the plate bracket and the plate. All Dealership installed initially. Called the Dealership and they want $212 to put the plate back on....Yikes :o . Seems ridiculous!!!!

They say the Front bumper cover needs to come off. I want to put it back on the way it was and don't want to drill the bumper.

Has anyone done this before? How tough is it? Any diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi

First post, need some help. My Front License plate was torn off in a parking lot. Bolts sheared off. I have the plate bracket and the plate. All Dealership installed initially. Called the Dealership and they want $212 to put the plate back on....Yikes :o . Seems ridiculous!!!!

They say the Front bumper cover needs to come off. I want to put it back on the way it was and don't want to drill the bumper.

Has anyone done this before? How tough is it? Any diagrams?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

It isn't that hard to pull the front cover off. I believe there are only 10mm (head) bolts - and not an awful lot of them at that. Course I spent 30+ yrs. doing that work. lol There may be an easier way though- there is a type of pop rivet that " kneels". It is split into 1/3rds. It provides plenty of holding power and is used by many auto manufacturers to do exactly that- hold license brackets on rubber bumper covers. It is not a standard pop rivet. When it is set it puts 3 legs out in 3 directions as if a 3 legged praying mantis folded it's knees completely. Quite effective and no removing the bumper cover. Hope that helps.- Roger

Certainly some body shops should stock them and not charge you much to install the bracket. They come in plastic and metal and I would use the metal if you can find someone who has them.