2008 Subaru Tribeca Vs 09 Rx350

Hello,

Since my wife looking for SUV I do some research and found that the 08 Tribeca 7 ltd is comparable to the 09 RX350. We make test drive of the Tribeca 2 days before and were pleasant surprise how good Tribeca was...Handsome exterior, awarded interior with navi, rear seats entertainment center, backup camera, smooth and quiet ride,AWD,safety award etc...Wife almost buy it..But waaaaiiiit :blink: I'm Lexus fun :D ..So, interested what you think.

And rational comments only please, I'm already Lexus fun B) .

Cheers!

Hello,

Since my wife looking for SUV I do some research and found that the 08 Tribeca 7 ltd is comparable to the 09 RX350. We make test drive of the Tribeca 2 days before and were pleasant surprise how good Tribeca was...Handsome exterior, awarded interior with navi, rear seats entertainment center, backup camera, smooth and quiet ride,AWD,safety award etc...Wife almost buy it..But waaaaiiiit :blink: I'm Lexus fun :D ..So, interested what you think.

Cheers!

We bought my wife's 09 RX350 last Thursday and we love it!

Personally...I think the Tribeca is UGLY but everyone has their own opinion...

Hello,

Cheers!

We bought my wife's 09 RX350 last Thursday and we love it!

Personally...I think the Tribeca is UGLY but everyone has their own opinion...

Yeah, you are right everyone has their own opinion....My opinion is that the RX is not a Champion of the beauty too, for me personally both vehicle are very similar but what you think about engine, transmission, features etc..Are they in the same class, is worth to spend $10k more on RX? Bill Korb Jr. from NJ Offer to us 08 Tribeca for $35504.00(cash) with these accessories:

LIMITED 7 PASSANGER SEATS

--------------------------------------------

INTERIOR - DESERT BEIGE LEATHER

EXTERIOR - OBSIDIAN BLACK PEARL

--------------------------------------------

* REAR-SEAT DVD ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM /REAR ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM HEAD PHONES x 2

* NAVIGATION PACKAGE - 7" TOUCH SCREEN & Standard XM® Satellite Radio

* FRONT BUMPER UNDERGUARD

* PUDDLE LIGHTS

* REAR VISION CAMERA

* REVERSE ASSIST SENSORS

* REMOTE ENGINE STARTER

* AUTO-DIMMING MIRROR/COMPASS

* SECURITY SYSTEM SHOCK SENSOR

* REAR BUMPER COVER

* CAR COVER

* BAG-CAR COVER

* REAR BUMPER CORNER MOLDING (2 PAIR)

* FLOOR MATS, ALL WEATHER - FRONT & 2ND ROWS

* FLOOR MATS, ALL WEATHER - 3RD ROW ONLY

* LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT COVER - BEIGE

* CARGO AREA SPOTLIGHT

* EXTENDED ROOF CARGO CARRIER

* CARGO NET, REAR SEAT BACK

* BATTERY WARMER

* COOLER/WARMER

* CARGO ORGANIZER

* SEVERE WEATHER COMPANION (don't now what is this)

* VALVE STEM CAPS (SUBARU)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Standard Features:

* 256-hp 6-cylinder SUBARU BOXER engine

* 247 lb-ft of torque at 4,400 rpm

* Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive

* 4-wheel antilock brakes ABS with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)

* 4-wheel independent raised suspension

* 18 x 8.0-inch 5-dual-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels

* Power tilt/sliding-glass moonroof

* XM® or SIRIUS® Satellite Radio capability

* Auxiliary audio jack for portable media players

* 160-watt 9-speaker premium audio system with subwoofer, 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3 compatibility

* Steering wheel-mounted audio controls

* 8-way power driver seat and 4-way power front-passenger seat

* Leather-trimmed upholstery

* 3-stage heated front seats

* 2-position driver seat memory

* 3rd-row seats with 50/50-split flat-folding seatbacks

* Rear-cabin air conditioner with control

* HomeLink® remote transmitter with 3 memory settings

* Black-finish raised roof rails (150 lbs. capacity)

* Rollover sensor

So, give me a reason or convince :chairshot: me to spend extra money on the RX.

Thanks

Don't really need to convince you...you can make up your own mind...all I know is this:

If I can't stand to look at it, I damn sure don't want to buy it...I don't care how well equipped for less it may be... :lol:

Don't really need to convince you...you can make up your own mind...all I know is this:

If I can't stand to look at it, I damn sure don't want to buy it...I don't care how well equipped for less it may be... :lol:

OK..Like I said before, FOR ME these are similar vehicles nothing spectacular about exteriors - generic both...Interior, Subaru is the winer.

Conclusion...The RX350 is not better SUV than the Tribeca ltd...in fact, it's only matter of taste, isn't it?.

Thank you anyway.

post-69646-1208832674_thumb.jpg

post-69646-1208832682_thumb.jpg

post-69646-1208832706_thumb.jpg

post-69646-1208832791_thumb.jpg

The refresh they did to the Tribecca was MUCH needed. Its still not pretty, but its no longer ugly.

For me these would be the pluses for the Lexus (these are all for the US mind you):

1. Better warranty

2. Better dealer service and more accessable dealer network

3. Better staying power. 5 years....10 years down the line the RX is still a nice Lexus...the Tribecca is an old Subaru

4. Better resale value (much better)

5. Better interior materials (the design of the Tribecca is attractive but the materials aren't to the same level as they are in the Lexus.

Nothing wrong with the Tribecca at all. It all depends on your needs. If I were buying a family vehicle I'd buy the Tribecca (or a Toyota Highlander or Nissan Murano), if I were buying a vehicle for me to drive daily I'd buy the RX.

Don't get snippy BTW, this is a Lexus enthusiast club. Of course any responses you get to a question like that are going to be pro-Lexus bias. Ask the same question on a Subie board...the responses will be pro-Subie biased.

Having just traded a 2002 RX for a 2009 RX Pebble Beach edition I'm obviously a repeat Lexus customer. I think the Subaru represents the logical choice - exceptional mechanics but sort of mundane - 'spock like qualities'. The Cayenne? Can't say I was very impressed with the base 6 cylinder model and when the price came in I was even less enamored. I sincerely hope you have better luck with it than I've had with European technical prowess - never again will I own German "engineering".

I happened to see a Tribecca in the rear view mirror while I was driving my RX350 this weekend. For a second, I thought that I saw the face of a giant metal grasshopper. Just an observation, I guess.

Are you sure it wasn't a giant grasshopper? Maybe you just thought it was a Suburu. You do know that in most states it is illegal to drink and drive, right? :huh:

• 4 weeks later...

My husband tried to talk me into looking at a Tribeca. I couldn't talk myself into it. They're just not very attractive vehicles to me. If value is the issue, I've been persuaded to look towards the Hyundai, for the value and options. I won't do it though! Have to stick with the Toyota line of vehicles. They're attractive and valuable, and the cost of ownership makes more sense in the long run.

I just have to like what I drive. Looks and feel are just as important as resale value and mechanical soundness. Toyota?Lexus just feels better, and looks great!