99gs400 Dies After Starting

It all started when my car died at a red light, by died I mean no power what so ever, couldn't even shift gears. Got it towed home. Investigated a bit and i noticed loose battery connections (Bought new + and tightend the -) - Power came back for 10min or so then died. Car wouldn't start or even attempt. Took battery to get charged, hooked it up and it worked for half a day or so then started acting up - Clock dimming, battery light still on dimming as well, windows slow, all power messed up. I've done some reading and think it might be the alternator. Onother thing is a while back my fule guage stopped working( needle stuck at E ) I put gas in it and still didn't change, it wasn't until the second gas up it started wrking again?? And also, when I reverse when the car works there is a click noise from the rear of the car when it gos into gear.. Any suggestions?

You need to take it to a shop where you can have the charging system checked. It does sound like you need an alternator to start with. If the alternator has been failing for a while, you may need a new battery as well. Most shops have the test equipment to check the charging system and the battery.

As for the noise in the rear, it could be any number of things. Any competent mechanic should be able to go over the drivetrain and find anything that may be loose or problematic.

You need to take it to a shop where you can have the charging system checked. It does sound like you need an alternator to start with. If the alternator has been failing for a while, you may need a new battery as well. Most shops have the test equipment to check the charging system and the battery.

As for the noise in the rear, it could be any number of things. Any competent mechanic should be able to go over the drivetrain and find anything that may be loose or problematic.

ditto! at least you went down the list one thing at a time! good for you. i had this issue with my gs4, turned out to be the alternator. i have a friend with a turbo IS300 and its problem was that it had an unorthodox crank pulley and that didn't allow the car to gain enough charge to start