Did I Get Burned?

lextuned

i just bought a 2000 silver/blk leather ls400 platinum series, 59k miles, 60k service done. all the goodies except nakimichi and navigation/air ride. excellent shape in and out, i paid 14k. downfall it has a rebuilt title. and no frame damage. No airbags were deployed also and all were intact after the accident. it got damaged in the rear quarter panel and the p.o fixed it. i personally am in love with this vehiacle. Yet did i get ripped off due to the title, please help? thanks

Congrats.

Asking after the fact is pointless. As long as you're happy with your purchase, that's all that counts.

Eddie

i just bought a 2000 silver/blk leather ls400 platinum series, 59k miles, 60k service done. all the goodies except nakimichi and navigation/air ride. excellent shape in and out, i paid 14k. downfall it has a rebuilt title. and no frame damage. No airbags were deployed also and all were intact after the accident. it got damaged in the rear quarter panel and the p.o fixed it. i personally am in love with this vehiacle. Yet did i get ripped off due to the title, please help? thanks

True, you have the vehicle, are you happy with it? Sounds like a nice car. If there's no permanant damage and it's in 100% condition I wouldn't worry about it.

You could, and possibly SHOULD however maybe schedule a meeting and just sit down with the higher-ups at the dealership and let them know the dealer sold it to you without informing you of the title. Which I believe is illegal here in WA. And maybe get a few free oil changes or something since you could have saved some cash. Just keep a smile on your face and don't be rude to them and you should get something.

:cheers:

i believe he knew of the title condition prior to purchase, right lextuned? If not, screw going to the dealership, call a lawyer and take him the disclosure statement that should be part of your paperwork indicating a clean title and no damage "to thier knowledge" to the car....and make them EAT it!

Honestly, I think you paid a little on the high side, but probably not by much, maybe $1,500.

i believe he knew of the title condition prior to purchase, right lextuned? If not, screw going to the dealership, call a lawyer and take him the disclosure statement that should be part of your paperwork indicating a clean title and no damage "to thier knowledge" to the car....and make them EAT it!

Honestly, I think you paid a little on the high side, but probably not by much, maybe $1,500.

For a rebuilt title he overpaid by a lot IMO.

For a rebuilt title he overpaid by a lot IMO.

In all fair honesty, it drives better then my co worker's 2000 ls400 with 40k, and he even has the air ride in his. I bought it from a private party, yet the test drive and records is what sold me. Every one told me not to buy it, yet for so low miles and the year i wanted also, it was also hard for me to find a solid color ls400, rather then the 2tone.I appreciate your input gents, btw, Im not a fan of the 430's in my opinion, im more of a fan of the 4.0l motor;)

Lextuned....for that mileage and recent Lexus maintenance I think you did fine, If you are happy with the car. Forget litigation as it is just not worth the trouble. The way they fix cars today is way beyond what we put up with in olden times...LOL... ;) Enjoy it and the damage, rear quarter panel, is just a minor reflection on the Lexus as a whole. If it had air ride I would be worried. Since that is not the case..your good to go another 300k. Love heals all wounds... IMHO :cheers: