O2 Sensor

Flat Spin

I replaced what I thought was the right O2 sensor a few weeks ago but the VSC light and CEL light are still on. SO... I got to the local Toyota dealership as the Lexus dealership is more than 2 hours away. They tell me the "bank 1 sensor 1" is bad and want $330 to replace it in about in hour. The sensor I replaced is the one right in front and easy to reach. I thought this one was "bank 1 sensor1". I guess I was wrong. Any suggestions and what part number should I be looking for?

Disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes. Then jump in the driver seat and pump the brake pedal 10 times. Wait about another 10 minutes and then reattach the negative battery terminal. That should clear the cel. If it comes back, then you do have an issue yet.

Disconnect the negative battery terminal for about 10 minutes. Then jump in the driver seat and pump the brake pedal 10 times. Wait about another 10 minutes and then reattach the negative battery terminal. That should clear the cel. If it comes back, then you do have an issue yet.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

I replaced what I thought was the right O2 sensor a few weeks ago but the VSC light and CEL light are still on. SO... I got to the local Toyota dealership as the Lexus dealership is more than 2 hours away. They tell me the "bank 1 sensor 1" is bad and want $330 to replace it in about in hour. The sensor I replaced is the one right in front and easy to reach. I thought this one was "bank 1 sensor1". I guess I was wrong. Any suggestions and what part number should I be looking for?

FS- the part# you will need is Denso (orig.eq.) 89467-48011 IF you need a new one. You can buy it from a particular Lexus dealer online for $150. or on e-bay in a Denso aftermarket but same part as original Toy.-Lex. for about $125. That part # is 234-9009. ONLY use Denso in one of the 2 above! Roger

The rear one is Bank1, Sensor1- as you have discovered.