Nav Can't Find My House

Gravity

So I enter my home address and it tells me it doesn't exist. Now if the house was built a month ago I could see where a software upgrade might be needed but the house has been there 20 years.

It located a house around the corner with the same number but different street.

Why can't it find mine.

G

Lexus has added to the navigation database with the more recent navigation 7.1 dvd release. The new dvd covers the entire provinces of Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia.

They have also added coverage to Alberta:

- Rebuilt 4 Interchanges on Hwy 2 in Calgary Area

- Realigned 2 interchanges of TCH west of Calgary construction of Hwy 43 fro Gunn to Glenevis & Greencourt to Fox Creek (Lao Ste Anne)

- Added 25,114 addresses and 1,180 miles of streets

Though you house may have been there 20 years, it all depends on if it was covered on the map database. The map does show coverage of Calgary and Edmonton on the map coverage screen. If you want, pm me your address and I can see if it shows up on version 7.1.

The above updates only reflect the changes from 6.1 to 7.1, and so if you have an earlier version, there will have been more updates made.

discquestions AT gmail DOT com

Upgrading to the new version might solve it :)

If it's not on the map I'm not sure if it would work adding it manually :(

Alternatively set the NAV to the nearest point to your home and go without it from there :)

2008 Lexus GX Reviews

I'm waiting for Step to check his system. If it finds my house then I'll upgrade the Nav

F

I'm waiting for Step to check his system. If it finds my house then I'll upgrade the Nav

I'll know by tomorrow afternoon and let you know. Had a busy day today!

No worries. I checked which version I have. It's 6.1

Good news, the destination includes private roads (very posh)! Your address is indeed in the 7.1 navigation release. You'll need to find a source for a generation 5 navigation disc, version 7.1.

Thanks for checking Step. I appreciate it.

Looks like I'm spending some time shopping at E-bay.

They haven't locked out the ability to make calls via blue tooth while driving with this upgrade have they?

You might want to consider entering a nearby address rather than your actual house number and street for security reasons. This is something my salesman mentioned while explaining the navigation system to me. Obviously you can locate your own home when you are in your own neighborhood, but you might not want everyone who has access to your vehicle to know your address.

Here's the scenario he described. You and your spouse are out to dinner at a posh restaurant and the valet parks your Lexus. In seconds he can id your home while you are dining and pass that info on to his "associate" who then checks out your home. I know this might sound far fetched but in today's security conscious environment it's something to think about. It's also the reason our police department recommends not leaving your owner's card in the vehicle or leaving your house keys on your key ring when giving your keys and car to someone else to park.

You might want to consider entering a nearby address rather than your actual house number and street for security reasons. This is something my salesman mentioned while explaining the navigation system to me. Obviously you can locate your own home when you are in your own neighborhood, but you might not want everyone who has access to your vehicle to know your address.

Here's the scenario he described. You and your spouse are out to dinner at a posh restaurant and the valet parks your Lexus. In seconds he can id your home while you are dining and pass that info on to his "associate" who then checks out your home. I know this might sound far fetched but in today's security conscious environment it's something to think about. It's also the reason our police department recommends not leaving your owner's card in the vehicle or leaving your house keys on your key ring when giving your keys and car to someone else to park.

Good points mcmann,

I can't find anyplace other then Lexus to by the CD.

Does anyone know where you can report an inaccuracy in the map (Gen 5, 07.1)? There should be somewhere that you can make this information available so they can be fixed in the next revision of the map.

All GPS systems I have owned (several different ones including Garmin) have my address incorrect. It seems that sometime over 12 years ago my house number (on a dead end street) was different. These maps all have the old street number, including the Lexus GX470. I sent this information to Garmin some years ago but since I do not use that navigation anymore, I do not know if they actually fixed it. It seems that although the official house number (mailing address) is correct, there seems that some part of the records still show the old house number. I have received mail at the correct address for some 12 years now, so they (the map folks) should be able to get it right.

This is no big deal, but I know that Garmin encouraged people to give them this information so they could make their maps more accurate.

Omegaman