1992 Es300 Cabin Air Filter Replacement

bdbmgv

I can't locate the cabin air filter in my '92 ES300. I know it's sold as a replacment filter, so I assume that I have one installed. However, I can't find it's location. Does anyone know the answer? Take out the glove box? My driver side carpet doesn't come out at all, so I doubt if it's under there. Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 2 weeks later...

bdbmgv,

I see your post is a few days old so this may come too late. But, your owner's manual should show you the location. You should be able to find it in the index under "Air conditioning filter". If you do not have your owner's manual you can go to the Lexus website and request another one. (Super company!)

On the RX330 it is located under the glove box. The instructions in my owner's manual are quite clear about how to remove the two retaining pins and drop the glove box forward to access the filter. In my case, the pins were tight and I had use use a pair of pliers to do the job, but it worked as indicated in the manual. Just be careful when you put the glove box back that you get the pins oriented in the proper direction. I had to fiddle with mine a bit to get them right.

My replacement filter was about $45 from the dealer.

Once you know what you are doing, it takes less than 10 minutes to complete the job. Good luck.

Bob