Lexus Service History

brucelee

Does anyone know how to access this data from the INET. I find the dealer's print out to be edited to the point of being useless!

Invaluable if we can get to this info, no?

Second question, can you tell by physical evidence if the timing belt has been replaced?

Thanks

INET? Not me. I would trust the dealer to a point. If it says the work was done - it probably was? Lastly, not really. There was some rumor about a sticker. But I've never seen one. Short of popping off the timing cover and looking for yourself, I don't know of any way to tell the condition of the timing belt. Manufacturer intervals are 80k and 160k and every 80k after that.

Thanks. The print out from Lexus is not as useful as it used to be. Lots of Unknowns and codes instead of useful info.

I know that on a previous SC I owned, they put a sticker on the hood when they changed the timing belt.

BTW-how much do you think I can get the belt changed for? The last dealer wanted $600 but I found another dealer that did it for $300.