I Got Super Glue On The Steering Wheel...help!

ok so i was super gluing some stuff in my car...and when i opened the cap of the super glue a small tiny drop squirted out ONTO MY STEERING WHEEL...i rubbed

it off and it got SMEARED on it...

it's on top of the steering wheel so u cant see it but STILL how can i get it off?!?!?!

That's some nasty stuff. I'm thinkin it might be better to live with the little spot, then using even more acidic and harsh chemicals to get it off. Your hand on the steering wheel will probably wear it off over time, as your body oils and persperation have a high alkaline ph. In a couple of weeks you'll get over it.

Acetone will dissolve the super glue. It will probably dull the finish on the steering wheel though. Some wax shoe polish might minimize that effect.

would acetone damage the steering wheel? like maybe making a hole or something?

It's a solvent, the main ingredient in fingernail polish remover. It's gonna dull the finish in that one spot and that's why I suggested some wax to shine it up again. If he waited for the glue to harden and then pulled it off, I'm pretty sure it's gonna tear the leather. Ever get super glue on your fingers and see how it pulls off the outer layer of skin when you pick it off?

ok so i was super gluing some stuff in my car...and when i opened the cap of the super glue a small tiny drop squirted out ONTO MY STEERING WHEEL...i rubbed

it off and it got SMEARED on it...

it's on top of the steering wheel so u cant see it but STILL how can i get it off?!?!?!

Ri*BLEEP*hen7 -

YIKES!!! I have heard that "Tea Tree Oil" may work. Also, do NOT use acetone as it will severally damage the "color" of your leather!

Good luck!

P.S. There still seems to be an issue with your username :)

well guys ive decided that it's not a big deal B/C

1) you cannot see it (because it is basically behind the steering wheel on top)

2) you cannot feel it. when i rub my had across the area i can't even tell where it is.

3) i just saved hundreds of dollars on my car insurance by switching to geico (lolol)