245/35/r20 On Gs300

My first of many posts :). I am looking at some 20"ers with the tires on them for my '00 gs300. On the site I am ordering it says it comes with 245/35/R20 or 275/45/R20. When I called to double check they would fit (site said they did), the guy informed me the 245's might rub, he then suggested going with 225/35/R20. I know don't know anything wheels and or tires.

He said the 225's are guaranteed to fit and not rub (and only $50 more total ;)), but know on here I see everyone has a different size for the front and back. Can I put the tires that come with it (245/35/R20) on my car, both front and back or will they rub and damage my car or should I do the 225/35/R20's like the guy said or the 275/45/R20? I'm really stuck here, I trust you guys more than the rim/tire place. I just want to make sure they fit and don't rub or anything like that and I don't want to have to alter anything on my car to put them on. Please help :)

cool. which do you have on your gs300? I'm almost positive everything about the 98-05 gs300 are the same. which tires/wheels do you have on and you didn't have to do any modifications or anything and have no probs, rubbing or anything like that, also do you have them for the front and back, like they are all the same size? thanks so much!

My first of many posts :). I am looking at some 20"ers with the tires on them for my '00 gs300. On the site I am ordering it says it comes with 245/35/R20 or 275/45/R20. When I called to double check they would fit (site said they did), the guy informed me the 245's might rub, he then suggested going with 225/35/R20. I know don't know anything wheels and or tires.

He said the 225's are guaranteed to fit and not rub (and only $50 more total ;)), but know on here I see everyone has a different size for the front and back. Can I put the tires that come with it (245/35/R20) on my car, both front and back or will they rub and damage my car or should I do the 225/35/R20's like the guy said or the 275/45/R20? I'm really stuck here, I trust you guys more than the rim/tire place. I just want to make sure they fit and don't rub or anything like that and I don't want to have to alter anything on my car to put them on. Please help :)

it really also depends on your offsets of the wheels. a few numbers off in the wrong direction and you'll rub.

i have 20x10 and 20x9 wheels with 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 tires. however i had to shave the rear fender with my drop. with the 225 series tire you will have a stretched tire look. to some that is not as desirable.