Maximizing Mileage

Outstanding article, I often describe it like playing Chess, you must have a strategy. I recently drove from Houston to Dallas at 65 to 70 mph, got 30.0 mpg on entire 270 mile trip. Picture is at 100 miles, the entire trip was from fill up and getting on highway, in other words 30 mpg all at highway speeds. Using strategy tactics makes it like a game so the trip is more fun and goes by in no time.

post-33700-1209048816_thumb.jpg

Outstanding article, I often describe it like playing Chess, you must have a strategy. I recently drove from Houston to Dallas at 65 to 70 mph, got 30.0 mpg on entire 270 mile trip. Picture is at 100 miles, the entire trip was from fill up and getting on highway, in other words 30 mpg all at highway speeds. Using strategy tactics makes it like a game so the trip is more fun and goes by in no time.

Way cool, Grumbles,

My best, earlier in march while it was still cool at about 3/5 of a tank remaining:

post-32883-1209054891_thumb.jpg

I was hoping to see how many miles I cold go on just one tank full. Then my wife got in a blew it WAY down :cries:

do you have the AWD version? OURS is. This was cruise control miles, some a bit rolling hills ... but we only had it set at 60mph. Sure makes a difference.