Have A Couple Questions About My "new" Pre-owned 350

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking at this beautiful car for over a year and finally got a 350 last week. It is an '07 in the Smokey Granite Mica w/ the Grey Interior. It has the Luxury pkg w/ Nav and I love it!!! It is pre-owned w/ with about 15K miles.

I found it online at Lexus of Sacramento. I live in Portland OR and did most of the transaction over the phone. The sales guy was awesome and drove the car 5 hrs to the Oregon border to meet us so that we could take pocession of it and have it registered in OR.

I've had it for 5 days and have already tinted the windows and ordered the rear lip spoiler. I wanted the windows at 35% all the way around but due to a miscommunication I ended up with 20%. It's darker than legal but looks great so I think I'll leave it unless I get a ticket. B)

The questions I have are the following;

LPS settings, Headlight sensitivity... I know that the settings are from 1-5 and the factory setting is 3. Does anyone know how to change this? I would like it set to a 1 but can't figure it out. I need to call the dealer but am not sure they will change the setting for me since its pre-owned, and I didn't buy it from the dealership here in Portland.

Nav system... How do I figure out which verson of the Nav I have? Do I have to remove the face and look at the disc or is there a screen that tells me. Also, I found the override for the nav system but do I really have to do this everytime I start the car?

Thanks in advance!

The nav overide only works on the original (for the IS) version of the firmware. Update to newer firmware/maps and it's gone entirely. And yes you have to do it every time unless you want to physically hack the wiring, or drop $300 on the no-cut wiring solution.

LPS stuff has to be done at the dealership (or by someone with a Lexus tech tool at least)

There's a couple of simple things, like if 1 or 4 doors open with the fob, that you can change...but things like light delays and such are LPS only.

Hey Everyone,

I have been looking at this beautiful car for over a year and finally got a 350 last week. It is an '07 in the Smokey Granite Mica w/ the Grey Interior. It has the Luxury pkg w/ Nav and I love it!!! It is pre-owned w/ with about 15K miles.

I found it online at Lexus of Sacramento. I live in Portland OR and did most of the transaction over the phone. The sales guy was awesome and drove the car 5 hrs to the Oregon border to meet us so that we could take pocession of it and have it registered in OR.

I've had it for 5 days and have already tinted the windows and ordered the rear lip spoiler. I wanted the windows at 35% all the way around but due to a miscommunication I ended up with 20%. It's darker than legal but looks great so I think I'll leave it unless I get a ticket. B)

The questions I have are the following;

LPS settings, Headlight sensitivity... I know that the settings are from 1-5 and the factory setting is 3. Does anyone know how to change this? I would like it set to a 1 but can't figure it out. I need to call the dealer but am not sure they will change the setting for me since its pre-owned, and I didn't buy it from the dealership here in Portland.

Nav system... How do I figure out which verson of the Nav I have? Do I have to remove the face and look at the disc or is there a screen that tells me. Also, I found the override for the nav system but do I really have to do this everytime I start the car?

Thanks in advance!

There should be a list of all the LPS that can be modifed in the manuals. You might want to confirm what the setting are currently as the original owner could might have made some modifications.

I had the LPS changed for the sensativity of the auto-on headlights. The dealer recommended that I only lower the sensativity by one point. It was good advice because just adjusting it from 3 to 4 (or 2 - can't remember which) made a huge difference.

Have a seat on a comfy chair and read the FM.

Enjoy you new ride.

Thanks for the response. I still don't know where I find out which version of the Nav I have. I don't wanna buy an upgrade for it if it turns out that I already have the upgrade. Is it somewhere in one of the menus on the nav system it's self?

Thanks for the response. I still don't know where I find out which version of the Nav I have. I don't wanna buy an upgrade for it if it turns out that I already have the upgrade. Is it somewhere in one of the menus on the nav system it's self?

Scorpio -

I am assumingyou are questioning the NAV DVD version? What year is your new ride? Most NAV DVD's are released in October for the previous year. So, if your vehicle is an '07, then it is safe to say that you have the '06 version DVD. Unless you live in an area that is under lots of new construction, it may not be worth upgrading!

Good luck.