Clock Not Working

Stator

Have a 1999 Lexus ES300 in which the clock had stopped working. Joined this group and read the posts about the possible shorting of the fuse thru the cigarette lighter /cell phone adapter. Checked both the cigarette lighter and the cell phone charger but there wasn't anything plugged in -kept changing the fuses and they kept failing . Decided to check the bottoms of the lighter /cell adapter and found a shiny dime !! It seems that a dime will fit snugly into the bottom of the cigarette lighter and you can't see it unless you look straight into it . Removed the dime ,replaced the fuse and the clock worked fine again ! This group helped in providing me information to figure out this vexing but simple problem .

Many Thanks !!!

Stator,

We're so glad that we could help, even though in this case we didn't give you any help! Glad you joined the group and enjoy your Lexus so much. Stick around. There are some pretty amazing answers to be found here from some pretty knowledgeable people.

That is too funny, not for you but me because my grandaughter was constantly taking spare change in the console and stuffing it in places you dont want it to go. I had to remove all potentials out until she got older.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my clock would go out but with some taps on the dash it would come back. soon the taps became pounding and eventually the clock did not come back at all. I had joined this forum some time ago but i lost track of the link. I did a search on my 99 Lexus ES300 clock and found this forum again. I hope it is a fuse but sense it went out slowly I'm not sure. I've also had some problems with SRS sensor and my check engine/Trac Control light coming on and off. If anyone has had this set of problems and found a solution I would love to hear it.

Hi my clock would go out but with some taps on the dash it would come back. soon the taps became pounding and eventually the clock did not come back at all. I had joined this forum some time ago but i lost track of the link. I did a search on my 99 Lexus ES300 clock and found this forum again. I hope it is a fuse but sense it went out slowly I'm not sure. I've also had some problems with SRS sensor and my check engine/Trac Control light coming on and off. If anyone has had this set of problems and found a solution I would love to hear it.

I can't help with the clock (it sounds like a loose connection), but my solution to the check engine/trac control light was to buy a reader on ebay (about $30) and reset it whenever it comes on.

Dave T