Gas Prices

amf1932

OK...well it sucks when I can't fill up my GX or my X5 with a credit card! The credit card companies need to up the limit on the pay at the pump transaction if these prices are going to be this high!

My AXP card I think is good up to $100 per transaction so I am ok for awhile with that one but VISA is only at $75 and man I have to fill up before a 1/4 tank!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe this explains the real "shell" game that is going on to manipulate prices. It's not the government, it's the oil companies that control the supply and the phony demand. Ad to that the insane subsidies congress keeps giving them like cotton candy.

Since 2011, the USA's number one export has been gasoline and fuels. Not corn or cars, but gasoline!

http://articles.bost...el-fuel-exports

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cost me $56 to fill up a friggin' VW last night. $56 :censored: dollars!

I'll bet $20 right here and now, that gas will do the same loopy-loop it did in 08' - spike near $5 in the summer, down into the $2's by Christmas... How many times are we going to let this illegal market manipulation happen folks? Shame on us..

At least the Energy folks from Obama's administration are happy....Green baby green!!! Chevy volt here we come....oops what a dismal failure....$4.39 a gallon here....

Regular unleaded is about $3.75 at our local BJ's Club. Recently purchased a mint 2006 Jaguar XK8 convertible for my wife (it was a Beverly Hills car that my broker friend found for us pre-auction) that requires a minimum of 91 octane. That's right at $4.00 here currently. Anyone who believes that there's a realistic chance we'll be seeing $2.00 a gallon again is simply delusional. Ask Michelle Bachmann....

Funny thing is, go back far enough in this thread and you'll find this exact same comment, right around summer of 08'. Thread went quiet by December.

Nice score on the new Jag, those are nice.

Do it! The XK8 is a timelessly gorgeous car that is fast and well-built if you stick with the 2004 to 2006 model years when Jaguar/Ford really got these things right. And they're very affordable - ours stickered new at just over $80,000. I picked it up for $24,200 pre-auction in Jacksonville, FL and had it shipped to us. 36,300 miles - it was a Beverly Hills toy for a couple in their late 60s. Wonderfully cared for. It is all my wife wants to drive now. In the seven weeks we've owned it, she's driven her RX330 once and our S-Type once. I plan to sell her RX330 to the same guy who bought her previous RX300 in January 2007. He has to sell that RX300 first....

Hello

Thanks for a Forum for Venting!

AS I See it

Option 1= These Governments - Should Be Sending Us "The People" of these "Great Oil Producing Countries " A Royalty Cheque ! The oil comes from our nations and we receive only Taxation !

Option 2 = We The People Need a OIL MARKETING BOARD to REGULATE OIL PRICES ! WE have them for Wheat ,oranges Chickens and EGGS -Why Not OIL !

OPTION 3 + World Price are Set In Paris By Foreign Individuals ! Lets Set a NorthAmerican Price Agency !

The TAR SANDS OIL COMPANIES In Northern Canada Receive approx 1.5 Billion a year in Subsidies ! Where is my sudsidies Lol

Option 4 A FLAT TAX =10 % equal for EVERYONE!

Z to Oil Companies

BEST REGARDS

Z7ORRO

Do it! The XK8 is timelessly gorgeous car that is fast and well-built if you stick with the 2004 to 2006 model years when Jaguar/Ford really got these things right. And they're very affordable - ours stickered new at just over $80,000. I picked it up for $24,200 pre-auction in Jacksonville, FL and had it shipped to us. 36,300 miles - it was a Beverly Hills toy for a couple in their late 60s. Wonderfully cared for. It is all my wife wants to drive now. In the seven weeks we've owned it, she's driven her RX330 once and our S-Type once. I plan to sell her RX330 to the same guy who bought her previous RX300 in January 2007. He has to sell that RX300 first....

We need pictures!

I gassed up and washed the Jeep today, I'm thinking about trying E85 in it. Its E85 ready, and its $.50/gal cheaper than regular now. I have heard there is some fuel economy penalty, the question is if it would be a wash or not...

I agree with the post that the SEC needs to do its job and stop the speculators from profitering on oil prices. I work for an airline and the Airline Transport Association has asked Congress to do just that but Congress so far has not done anything. Congress changed the law about 20 years ago and ended the requirement that you actually particpate in the commodity markets (actually take possession of or deliver). Now we have speculators making tremendous profits by manipulating the markets The Financial reform act did nothing to limit this gambling in the stock and commodity markets as the speculators are huge contributors to campaign.

As to the poster that just purchased a Jag that requires a minimum of 91 octace. Are you aware that any car made after the mid 70s can burn any kind of gas. Performance will be slightly reduced by using regular gas over premium, but for most driving where you are not really getting into the throttle you will never know the difference. The reason you do not need higher octane is that all cars now have an accostic anti-knock detector that retrads the timing when it hears the engine begin to knock. Higher octane fuel does not have more energy per gallon, as a matter of fact there is less energy per gallon in higher octane fuel but it does have anti-knock additives, either alcohol or lead or MTBE.

Not sure why Lexus tells us to run premium fuel---suspect it is to get the total performance that the engine can provide but it also might be you are driving a premium car so you should use premium fuel. As for me I will save that 30 cents per gallon and use Regular which I have done in all my Lexus over the years. I do put premium in my 61 Porsche 356, which does not have the accostic anti-knock detector.

True that it might not hurt the vehicle....but when you purchase a premium vehicle I don't understand cheaping out and running regular gas and getting reduced performance. I'm not talking about a Lexus ES like mine, but the Lexus V8 or Jaguar V8, or a higher compression BMW...you bought these vehicles for their performance.

I've used the analogy before, its like spending all the money on an HDTV, and then not paying for HD cable service. Makes no sense.

Our 2005 S-Type runs just fine on regular unleaded. So that's what it gets....

We tried several tanks of regular unleaded in our recently-acquired XK8. Even my wife notices the loss of power and inconsistent idling. Going back to 91 octane restores power and smooths out the idle once again. I know that today's engines can adjust to various octane levels, but our XK8 is one of those cars in which the benefits of higher octane are easily noticed, especially at highway cruising speeds. It's gas mileage is also 2 to 3 mpg better when running 91 octane. I certainly wish I could run regular unleaded in this particular car, but my experimenting has proven that 91 octane is unfortunately the only way to go....

Do it! The XK8 is timelessly gorgeous car that is fast and well-built if you stick with the 2004 to 2006 model years when Jaguar/Ford really got these things right. And they're very affordable - ours stickered new at just over $80,000. I picked it up for $24,200 pre-auction in Jacksonville, FL and had it shipped to us. 36,300 miles - it was a Beverly Hills toy for a couple in their late 60s. Wonderfully cared for. It is all my wife wants to drive now. In the seven weeks we've owned it, she's driven her RX330 once and our S-Type once. I plan to sell her RX330 to the same guy who bought her previous RX300 in January 2007. He has to sell that RX300 first....

Wow thats a good price! Still dont want to afford it though LOL. My Ram is the most expensive vehicle I have ever bought, at $21,000. LOL

We need pictures!

I gassed up and washed the Jeep today, I'm thinking about trying E85 in it. Its E85 ready, and its $.50/gal cheaper than regular now. I have heard there is some fuel economy penalty, the question is if it would be a wash or not...

Agreed on the pix, and a note about E85-

I run it in the Ram, it yields about 12mpg city and 15-16 hwy, as opposed to 15-16 city and 20-22 hwy. I only use it in town, on road trips, she gets the Real stuff. E85 on post at Fort Lewis is $2.87 a gallon. Regular unleaded is $4.11 today. HUGE savings, even with the gas hit. I can pay $65 a tank, or $125 a tank..DUH. LOL.

Gas just went from $3.69 to $3.65 this week. With my 2010 ES I can get between 18-19 mpg around the city, and about 24-26 mpg on hiway or trips around one hour or less. Longer trips yield around 29-31 mpg.

I am consistantly using 89 octane, 10% etanol. Can't tell any difference in mpg. Price per gallon is $3.65

If your one who thinks that Obama controls the price of gasoline, read this weeks "Time" magazine. Article. "Homegrown oil isn't going to lower prices at the pump"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wife says Regular, mid and premium are $4.30/$4.40/$4.50 respectively, ON THE MILITARY BASE, in Tacoma today.

Nice. With a road trip coming fast (6500 miles), and a 7,000lb boat in tow behind me for 5k of it, its gonna be a long and expensive trip.

• 6 months later...

Wife says Regular, mid and premium are $4.30/$4.40/$4.50 respectively, ON THE MILITARY BASE, in Tacoma today.

Nice. With a road trip coming fast (6500 miles), and a 7,000lb boat in tow behind me for 5k of it, its gonna be a long and expensive trip.

Yikes, expensive is right! Hope the trip goes well in any case.