Instant Better Handling

RXMiami

;) I recently replaced the original Good Years on my car wiht a 60 instead of a 70 series tire (Hancook Mileage Plus, Pep Boys had an offer I could not refuse). I got all four tires for under $400 with lifetime balance, new valves and road hazard.

Going to the lower profile lowered my RX 300 about one inch and made the handling soooooooooo much better. After moving from my previous Volvo car to this I realized very soon that I could not take the curves as I used to and now I have to slow down way in advace but these tires have improved the handling quite a bit and now I do not have to slow down so early, it is such a joy to drive it now.

Maybe you guys and gals may have a similar experience, if not, I am sharing mine. ;)

My aunt "accidently" put the lower profile tires on her 01 Rx300 but decided to keep them because of the improved handling. I took it for a ride and i found the steering very responsive and the overall ride much better with the smaller tires. Only negative is the speedo reads ~5mph higher and her odometer mileage higher than it really is.

My aunt "accidently" put the lower profile tires on her 01 Rx300 but decided to keep them because of the improved handling. I took it for a ride and i found the steering very responsive and the overall ride much better with the smaller tires. Only negative is the speedo reads ~5mph higher and her odometer mileage higher than it really is.

Most likely your gas mileage will also take a hit by about the same amount that your speedo is off. Of course you wont see this because your odometer thinks you are traveling more miles than you actually are.