Do Lighter Colored Leather Interiors Stain/discolor?

We are in the process of searching for a 2008 RX350. We would prefer to go with a lighter leather interior, the light gray or ivory.

A couple of people have mentioned that the lighter leathers stain or discolor rather quickly, even when you are wearing jeans in the vehicle.

Has anyone noticed this as a problem with their RX's?

Appreciate any comments on this matter.

--JamesW

Doth the light gray and the ivory will darken over time and get a little shiny. There isn't transfer from jeans etc, it just gets "dirty" in color. Just use leather cleaner and conditioner every once and a while and it should be ok.

The black leather just gets shiny over time (can't really get much darker...)

I had the ivory leather when i had my 04 Rx330 and chose the light gray when i upgraded to my Rx350. I find the gray more appealing than the ivory after time.

We are in the process of searching for a 2008 RX350. We would prefer to go with a lighter leather interior, the light gray or ivory.

A couple of people have mentioned that the lighter leathers stain or discolor rather quickly, even when you are wearing jeans in the vehicle.

Has anyone noticed this as a problem with their RX's?

Appreciate any comments on this matter.

--JamesW

We have a silver 2008 RX350 with light grey interior and black maple wood and a obsidian 2008 ES350 with light grey interior and walnut wood. The light grey leather isn't that difficult to take care of. It will develop "cracks" like all leather and I find those to be less obvious than in darker leathers we have had in other cars.

Our 08 has the light tan or what ever color it is called and is getting a blue tint on the edges from blue jeans. It seems to come off but it comes back in a few weeks.

Jeff

I use those combo leather cleaner+conditioner wipes (Made by Mc-something - in black plastic can) - every 3 or 4 weeks on the whole interior, and even then some marks take time to get out. Important to use, or the leather will get stained and start to dry over time. I wish the RX had a pleather option...

My 'Savannah Metallic' RX 350 has the ivory leather interior, and it looks great. But it does seem to show dirt easier than darker colors of leather that I have had in the past. I make a point to use a good quality leather cleaner and conditioner regularly to keep them looking nice..

I still have a 1994 Acura Legend GS that has light tan leather (L, LS model has darker tan leather) and a CL with black leather, now a RX350 with black leather. From my own experience, if you take care of the leather on a regular basis. They should last equally as far as appearance goes. I don't think one is more prone to stain or show discoloration over the other. But tan leather could show more wear than darker leather after a few years. Never like any gray leather. They are just not appealing to me somehow.