New Guy Around

-HyJynX-

Hey everyone, Im very new to the lexus forums.

Im a very big fan of SCs, been a fan of them for years and now I might actually have the money to own one, here is a lil info on me.

Im coming from the Nissan world, I own a 89 240sx and doing a RB20 swap..but it is giving me WAY to much trouble so I am most likely ganna be selling it and buying either a 92-96 SC300, or a 91-94 Z32 NA or TT. Just wondering are the SC300s high matience car and require a lot of money to put in it, or is it the other way around? And how insurance, pricey? Thx guys and I hope to enjoy my stay here :D

Hey, welcome to LOC. Considering I came from Nissan's to SC's I figured I would chime in. I've owned quite a few Z32's both n/a and TT's and I personally wouldn't buy another one now that I have Lexus. Z's are nickle and dime cars. Their cost to maintain isn't bad, but you will constantly be putting money into them, here and there. Also after driving both a Z car and the SC side by side, I would pick the SC anyday. Far more control, not as twitchy as the Z's. Far easier to work on. The car is just more forgiving than a Z any day, in handling, maintenance, and overall enjoyment. Also, insurance for me cost more on my Z's than on the Lexus. So, what kind of troubles are you having with your RB swap?

Thx for your input guys.

As for the RB swap im doing, It is to time consuming for me and money consuming. Im a student and I dont really have the time and money to finish the swap, there are so many other lil things that I need to get that it wont even be worth it. So im really thinking of selling everything and buying a nice SC300 5spd.

That sounds like a plan to me. The RB swaps aren't exactly the easiest at times. The RB20 might be cheaper to begin with, but I don't think install goes quite as smoothly as an SR. I think you'll be surprised by the SC 5 speed. I know I was when I first drove it.

Yea, it really is the way to go. I really regret trying to do the RB swap..but you gatta learn from your mistakes. I hope to test drive a SC and hopefully own one by the end of this month, Matters on how fast i can seel everything. Thanks again