Drivers Side Headlight

scrappyslexus

I have a 2000 lx 470. Drivers side headlight keeps burning out. Dealers has checked the electrical system, nothing found. Lightbulbls are installed using gloves. The wiring harness has been changed. It seams that the problem arose after the recall for the head lights. I am at a loss, Does anyone have any recomendations? The dealer checked everything again and found nothing?

• 4 weeks later...

I had the wiring that connects to the back of the bulb heat so that it became brittle and corroded, then broke. I had it replaced under warranty. You might check to see if the connector to the bulb is loose and causing some arching.

Some bulbs do not last long. I got some off brand from an auto parts store when mine burned out on a trip - it only lasted a few months. The oem and Powerbulb ones have lasted over a year - and my wife drives with the lights on, day and night. She does not like the DRLs.

I had the wiring that connects to the back of the bulb heat so that it became brittle and corroded, then broke. I had it replaced under warranty. You might check to see if the connector to the bulb is loose and causing some arching.

Some bulbs do not last long. I got some off brand from an auto parts store when mine burned out on a trip - it only lasted a few months. The oem and Powerbulb ones have lasted over a year - and my wife drives with the lights on, day and night. She does not like the DRLs.

thanks. I replaced the wiring. I also called the bulb manufacturer (Sylvania) They told me that their Silverstar series bulb may not be totally compatible with the vehicle. I am going to try an standard bulb and see what kind of success i have.

I heard a similar thread about a year ago about someone's low beam bulbs kept burning out after the DRL recall fix, and he used the same make/model bulbs before and after the fix. For that reason, I refused to let my dealer perform the fix. So far, I'm happy.

I have been using the Sylvania's for a while after quickly going through a set of PIAA's. I did not have the recall work done because I did not like the description of the work they wanted to do. I get about 7 months on a set of the sylvania's and I always have a second set in the storage compartment in the back of the car.