20 Inch On '99 Gs300

can any one please tell me the best offset for 20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear on a 1999 gs300?! Ive search the forums and everyone who has these settings had to roll or cut there fenders...i want a clean look, very flush without cutting or rolling the fenders unless absoulutely neccessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When i went to tirerack.com to check out some rims there off set was = 35mm for the front with 245/30/20 and 45mm for the rear with 275/30/20...i also read somewhere that i should get 275/30/20 for the rear and 245/35/20 for the front to even out the diameter, is this true?! thanks in adavance for any help!!! Oh and i plan on dropping the car about 1inch to 1inch 1/2 in front and rear depened on the wheel space...

REAR: In order to go 275s in the rear you need to have your fenders rolled. Now remember to roll your fenders, not bend in your fenders. Do not hammer, tap, hit, heat up and bend, or simply put a baseball bat in between and drive back and forth.....you will mess it up. If you want a pro job and no one notice your fenders have been rolled then you go with a special took thats made for rolling. Your rim comes off, tool gets clipped on and fenders gets rolled with no dents or paint chippings. This way no one is able to tell its been rolled. Height of tire will not matter, you may drop it and will have alot of free space in the back. dont worry about the height. So 275/30/20 = no problem. Picture of my car below has 275s in the rear on 19s with coilovers to show you the drop its able to get. So the height doesnt matter.

FRONT: 245/35/20 in the front with your drop should experiance rubbing on the front inner fender cover while taking turns. What will happen is eventually your cover will get worn out and create a hole. You have to option of cutting that part out or remove the entire cover. You also have the option of going with 245/30/20 in the front where it shouldnt rub but you may experience your speedometer to be off about 3 miles.

Thats why its recommended you stick with 19s on these vehicles although upto 22s have been installed before.

For additional information my buddies at Need4Speed would love to help you out. You may contact them toll free 1888.714.7467

post-35275-1207946549_thumb.jpg

ok so what abou the offset?! are the recommendations made from tirerack acurate?! they stated 20x8.5 245/30/20 ofset=35mm and 20x10 275/30/20 ofset=45mm. Also whats the name of the tool that rolls the fenders so i can purchase it if need be...Are u saying the reason i need to roll the fenders is in order to lower the car how i please?! BTW ur car is HOTT i lov the rims, u got a real sporty look! What % tint do u have?! thats a pretty clean lex right there! Oh and last what if i went with 235/30/20 in the front and 265/30/20 in the rear, would that make it possible to avoid cutting/rolling fenders?! thanks for all your help its been great, im definately trying to go for the look you have on ur car just not that much of a drop, i would ruin my car on these DC roads LOL....thanks again

REAR: In order to go 275s in the rear you need to have your fenders rolled. Now remember to roll your fenders, not bend in your fenders. Do not hammer, tap, hit, heat up and bend, or simply put a baseball bat in between and drive back and forth.....you will mess it up. If you want a pro job and no one notice your fenders have been rolled then you go with a special took thats made for rolling. Your rim comes off, tool gets clipped on and fenders gets rolled with no dents or paint chippings. This way no one is able to tell its been rolled. Height of tire will not matter, you may drop it and will have alot of free space in the back. dont worry about the height. So 275/30/20 = no problem. Picture of my car below has 275s in the rear on 19s with coilovers to show you the drop its able to get. So the height doesnt matter.

FRONT: 245/35/20 in the front with your drop should experiance rubbing on the front inner fender cover while taking turns. What will happen is eventually your cover will get worn out and create a hole. You have to option of cutting that part out or remove the entire cover. You also have the option of going with 245/30/20 in the front where it shouldnt rub but you may experience your speedometer to be off about 3 miles.

Thats why its recommended you stick with 19s on these vehicles although upto 22s have been installed before.

For additional information my buddies at Need4Speed would love to help you out. You may contact them toll free 1888.714.7467

265s will not rub, you might even be lucky that 275s dont rub either. doesnt matter that should be the least of your worries. worry about how you might have trouble aligningm worry about how your tires are gonna wear out quicker, worry about how your comfort is gonna be gone, worry about how youre not going to want to peal out cause each tires cost 200 bucks, worry about how you're gonna feel the difference on your cars accelaration/fuel consumption....If you dont really 100 percent dont want to roll your fenders 265s will do. although rolling fenders with the machine is imposible to tell by any bystander so why not? machine costs around 200 dollars but local stores like tirerack and goodyear tires carry them and charge around 40 bucks for ur rear (u dont need the front). although i do not recomment you get it done by them because its a chain of stores and run by managers employing morons to do their work so they dont care if they screw up and lose a customer but if u go to a private owned motorsports then they'll care about a single customer and should do a clean job. Only and ONLY with machine is where your fenders being rolled will not be noticable. Id say you have to roll your fenders even if u lower the car on springs cause it will bounce especially on the freeway and will hit those 275s.

FRONT: going with 235s in the front makes the tire less wide and decreases the lenght/reach it has to touch the fender. 235s shouldnt rub in the front.

Bottom line: 235s with 265s is a better idea for 20s. Get 245/275 if you're going with 19s although you may still want to roll your fenders. Need4Speed personally owns a couple of these vehicles and should give you the best advice. Heres a picture i took in front of their warehouse in december to show you they personally own 2 gs'. I should have parked my car in the middle too....it would have been the nicest one, well after the m5 :)

Thanks for the comment on my car. I currently have the coilovers raised up just a bit cause i couldnt get in my own driveway.

post-35275-1208031585_thumb.jpg

Sounds good thanks!!! So u have 19's on ur gs?! u got any other pics?! side view?!

265s will not rub, you might even be lucky that 275s dont rub either. doesnt matter that should be the least of your worries. worry about how you might have trouble aligningm worry about how your tires are gonna wear out quicker, worry about how your comfort is gonna be gone, worry about how youre not going to want to peal out cause each tires cost 200 bucks, worry about how you're gonna feel the difference on your cars accelaration/fuel consumption....If you dont really 100 percent dont want to roll your fenders 265s will do. although rolling fenders with the machine is imposible to tell by any bystander so why not? machine costs around 200 dollars but local stores like tirerack and goodyear tires carry them and charge around 40 bucks for ur rear (u dont need the front). although i do not recomment you get it done by them because its a chain of stores and run by managers employing morons to do their work so they dont care if they screw up and lose a customer but if u go to a private owned motorsports then they'll care about a single customer and should do a clean job. Only and ONLY with machine is where your fenders being rolled will not be noticable. Id say you have to roll your fenders even if u lower the car on springs cause it will bounce especially on the freeway and will hit those 275s.

FRONT: going with 235s in the front makes the tire less wide and decreases the lenght/reach it has to touch the fender. 235s shouldnt rub in the front.

Bottom line: 235s with 265s is a better idea for 20s. Get 245/275 if you're going with 19s although you may still want to roll your fenders. Need4Speed personally owns a couple of these vehicles and should give you the best advice. Heres a picture i took in front of their warehouse in december to show you they personally own 2 gs'. I should have parked my car in the middle too....it would have been the nicest one, well after the m5 :)

Thanks for the comment on my car. I currently have the coilovers raised up just a bit cause i couldnt get in my own driveway.

ya its on 19s...heres one in the parking lot at work when i was working on the coils....i raised it up just a bit and adjusted the settings in the back, it was too rough and bouncy. its like this now...it doesnt look all that in the pictures, it looks different in person, you get to see the details. but here is how it is, expect the grill now is flat black with the L logo and the chrome around it, its all black.

post-35275-1208075713_thumb.jpg

post-35275-1208075729_thumb.jpg

post-35275-1208075744_thumb.jpg

That *BLEEP* is HOTT, thanks for all the help and info, i will post some pics within 2weeks once i get the rims and tires and everything else...Thanks again!!! Oh yea what % tint u got?! is the front window slightly tinted too?! Those lexus brake covers are hott too where did u get them?!

That *BLEEP* is HOTT, thanks for all the help and info, i will post some pics within 2weeks once i get the rims and tires and everything else...Thanks again!!! Oh yea what % tint u got?! is the front window slightly tinted too?! Those lexus brake covers are hott too where did u get them?!

no problem. thanks 2 U 2. as far as tinting...the front windsheild has a limo tint visor on top. dark on the passenger and driver and limo in the rear glass and back doors. and for the calipers go to http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=46461

so I went ahead and took ur advice and contacted need4speed. I told them I was referred by u and want some info on 20's and tire size and ofset. I explained that I wanted an aggressive VIP look with the wheels flush, didnt want them to tuck. They reccommended 20x8.5 F 20x10 R 245/35/20 ofset +35 for the front and 275/30/20 ofset +43 for the rear. They said it would be perfectly flush and if I lowered the car depending on how much would determinehow much to roll the rear fenders and modify fronts if needed. So thanks again for ur help it was highly appreciated!