Gs 460 Seat Ventillation

I'm the very fortunate driver of an 08 GS 460 with perforated leather seats, and ventilation in same.

The heating function worked well a couple of months ago, and I have no qualms there.

The cooling function seems weaker than I expected, and also (in my car) works in the seat bottom only, not in the backrest. If I unload the seat occasionally (get my minor weight off it briefly) it will cool better, but the backrest doesn't appear to have any air flow. (While I'm loathe to compare the two, a Ford truck with a similar feature blew so much air through I felt like an air-hockey puck, so I know it can be done.)

Is my car anomalous, or is this par for the course?

• 1 month later...

I can feel the air flow when the cooling is on so in my experience it hasn't been excessively weak. However, I too don't have any ventilation from the seat back - only from the cushion. This is somewhat disappointing since it's not just the cushion that gets hot and sticky - the seat back does too!

It's funny - just last week I was thinking about how I'm driving along on a summer day with a cool butt and a scorched back!

I'm the very fortunate driver of an 08 GS 460 with perforated leather seats, and ventilation in same.

The heating function worked well a couple of months ago, and I have no qualms there.

The cooling function seems weaker than I expected, and also (in my car) works in the seat bottom only, not in the backrest. If I unload the seat occasionally (get my minor weight off it briefly) it will cool better, but the backrest doesn't appear to have any air flow. (While I'm loathe to compare the two, a Ford truck with a similar feature blew so much air through I felt like an air-hockey puck, so I know it can be done.)

Is my car anomalous, or is this par for the course?