What Is The Best Line Of Car Care Products To Use On A Silver Es350?

saabkyle04

I have a Tungsten Pearl ES350 with the UL package. I am just curious about what everybody likes when it comes to car care. What has worked the best for you on your car and provided the best results? I am looking for anything from interior care to polishes and waxes to tire shine. Anything you can think of that you can recommend to me I would appreciate it! I am a big clean freak when it comes to my car and I want people to see it coming a mile away :D

I have a Tungsten Pearl ES350 with the UL package. I am just curious about what everybody likes when it comes to car care. What has worked the best for you on your car and provided the best results? I am looking for anything from interior care to polishes and waxes to tire shine. Anything you can think of that you can recommend to me I would appreciate it! I am a big clean freak when it comes to my car and I want people to see it coming a mile away :D

Funny you should mention it... JGT started a thread on just our model here: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=45222. There's a lot in there, it will take you a while to go through it all. I would post this question there as I did for my color. There is a person that will reply who seems extremely knowledgable in the subject, detaildoc. Also others such as mburnikas and sw03es make great contributions. Check it out!

Are you trying to start World War 3? Between this and the oil debates, this can get pretty touchy. :(

As long as folks stay on topic....all should be fine. ;)

Like oil, there are lot's of opinions out there because of so many products available & nothing wrong with that.....oil is still the much more touchy subject though. ;)

:cheers:

You might try www.griotsgarage.com I have a silver RX350 and an obsidian ES350 and use their products exclusively. I use several of the products, including the polishes, waxes, car wash, rubber cleaner, vinyl & rubber dressing, interior cleaner, and products for applying and removing waxes, etc. The vinyl & rubber dressing is very nice for exterior and interior use as it is not oily. The interior cleaner is good both for vehicles and home. They have a couple more products that are extremely helpful in use between washes and waxes - Speed Shine and Spray-On-Wax. I like the cotton cloths they sell because even the edging contains nothing other than cotton - thus less chance of scratches. Their catalogs are nice because they give helpful hints as to product use and their service is excellent. I am not associated with them in any way other than using their products. I simply chanced upon them and have become a true believer.

Hey saabkyle, the thread that AZ referred to really is a good one. detaildoc and SW03ES contributed to it. and now, rtj seems to be mastering the art of detailing. I am a NOVICE....I bought the supplies but I am waiting on the weather in PA to cooperate so I can do my first detailing. I don't own stock in any of the supply companies and I don't work for any of them. I, like you, just wanted some advice to have my car look nice. I suggest you print out the 10 pages in that post and then highlight the key points. There is some polite banter off the subject but there is alot of good stuff.

I also recommend you watch the videos at this link: http://www.pinnaclewax.com/productline.html

This is so you just get an idea of what you will need to do. I bought stuff from this site, plus autogeek.net, and autopia-carcare.com. Plan on at least a few hundred dollars if you want to buy the good stuff! Good luck and post your experiences on the post that AZ supplied above!

You might try www.griotsgarage.com I have a silver RX350 and an obsidian ES350 and use their products exclusively. I use several of the products, including the polishes, waxes, car wash, rubber cleaner, vinyl & rubber dressing, interior cleaner, and products for applying and removing waxes, etc. The vinyl & rubber dressing is very nice for exterior and interior use as it is not oily. The interior cleaner is good both for vehicles and home. They have a couple more products that are extremely helpful in use between washes and waxes - Speed Shine and Spray-On-Wax. I like the cotton cloths they sell because even the edging contains nothing other than cotton - thus less chance of scratches. Their catalogs are nice because they give helpful hints as to product use and their service is excellent. I am not associated with them in any way other than using their products. I simply chanced upon them and have become a true believer.

Careful with the cotton towels they are likely to swirl the paint. Stick to high quality Microfiber towels instead.

Hey saabkyle, this is my lessons learned (I copied this from a post I started Cleaning and Maintenance of a New ES in the Detailing section of this forum)...thought you might learn from this. Just a few lessons learned so far from a novice (like me).

Ok, I finally did it....in between the rain drops. Here are the pics (I hope if they uploaded). Two of my car and one of my wife's . OK, here are the Lessons Learned for all those novices like me.

Lesson Learned 1. Do the wife's car!!!! If you want to keep spending this much money on detailing supplies; you better do your wife's car!!!

Lesson Learned 2. Sonus products are good; BUT, (excuse me for yelling but I need to emphasize this point) TAKE THE CAP OFF AND USE A KNIFE TO TAKE THE CLEAR/WHITE INNER CAP OFF! This is for the Body Shampoo and the Tire Gel. I like rtj, lost some of the product (but I put mine over a cup and was able to put some back).

Lesson Learned 3. If there are only a few rain drops, don't do it! Rain must have something in it because there were spots after I washed the car and had to go over them again.

Lesson Learned 4. Be caution when using detail spray but not afraid (like I was). I probably did my paint guard sealant over some areas that I should have gone over with the detailing spray first (I did my car first and should have done my wife's car first......I wasn't afraid on her car (ha ha), and the detailing spray actually did well....you have to be gentle but not afraid. I was so scared to marr the paint I think I didn't use it well.)

Hope this helps!!!!

I am new to this whole detailing world, but have read a lot into this Zaino craze. It seems that there is a group of people that are so into Zaino products that they try to beat everybody else in the head with it. I don't want to open a can of worms here, but why is that? Are they motivated to promote it because they sell it or what is it?

Iv'e met some Maguire's Maniacs and some Mother's brothers also. I say to each thier own.

I Zaino'd my IS 350 when I first bought it and just drove it like that. I just spent the last week breaking that all down and used a #2 polish, then put on a coat of paint sealant by Griot's, and then I'm going over that with PS21 wax. Then I'll see how much I like that for awhile. I have to say, this way was alot more work. Zaino was super easy compared to doing it this way, but I do this for the therapy time anyway, so I will get back to you if I actually see and feel a real difference and if it lasts and all.

I am new to this whole detailing world, but have read a lot into this Zaino craze. It seems that there is a group of people that are so into Zaino products that they try to beat everybody else in the head with it. I don't want to open a can of worms here, but why is that? Are they motivated to promote it because they sell it or what is it?

This is why I really dislike Zaino as a brand. Theres this cult mentality to it, and they cloak the process in all this dubious mystery with cotton towels and dawn washes etc which is needless BS.

Zaino is an okay product, but there are many other great products out there too.