Speed Governor

2001 gs430 and unfortunately 122! my car came with some winter snow tires from nyc so they set the governor very low! when/if i supercharge it i will use a hks v-con or something to bypass it! Alex u didn't even answer you own bulletin!

brian

2001 gs430. I've hit 148/9 once before and hit 150 couple of days ago and felt like it would have kept going. Governor never has kicked in. Car came with 235/?/17 performance tires although they have been changed. I highly do not recommend anyone attempt a top speed run with stock tires and suspensions.

yeah mine came with some 225/55/16's :( i got stuck with the 16's lol) anyways alex......man is it just me or most people on here LAME! 88 views on this topics and what 5 posts? 2 by u 2 by me and 1 by some other gentleman!!! hey people on the forum can u wake up and actually take part in here or will it just be the same 10 people answering EVERYTHING? i noticed since all that stuff alex, that dcfish/guytelefunken never respond to my/your bulletins nemore it seems! oh well.......

Currenly we have only 4 people including me on this topic but there are 115 views (that will change fast). Almost all of those views are with people how arent members. COME ON LOOKLY-LOES DONT BE AFRAID TO SIGN UP, IT'S FREE!

Currenly we have only 4 people including me on this topic but there are 115 views (that will change fast). Almost all of those views are with people how arent members. COME ON LOOKLY-LOES DONT BE AFRAID TO SIGN UP, IT'S FREE!

The topic isn't that interesting. IMHO :P

The topic isn't that interesting. IMHO :P

what do you have to say about every other topic, nothings interesting?

what about topic "The Highest Mileage Gs400 Out There? " near 5,000 views with only 37 comments? its not interesting why do they even click on it in the first place.

i think they're just too lazy to sign up buddy

who else has got to the limit where governor kicked in

gs300 top speed is electronically governed at 144 mph (i'm gonna have to try that out one day), while the GS 400 is governed at 149 mph

or so a lil bird told me... whats the point of this whole thread if the governed speed is set at the factory?

what's IMHO mean dc? N no point djspawn......just making a conversation or trying to! i know everyone says they set at the factory but they are not all set equally! i can show u with 3 different gs's if u ever come to Memphis! all 3 are factory and all 3 red line at different speeds so were just making a conversation!

ty dcfish....ahhhhhhhh wifes! I'm glad i don't have one right now! how was the ride at 125 randy? i've been almost 190 on my motorcycle but thats a complete different thing! fastest in a car is like 132 or so......nothing major! no quirks or weird shakes like the gs has at 45/65/85 mph?

brian

well since you're looking for contributors... i've never taken my gs over 100 mph cuz the steering wheel starting shaking like crazy at 70 or so and everything is stock right now. Have taken an m3 up to 150 and gotta say it was an experience of a life time

yeah its a complete different world on a bike........i totaled one doing a stand up wheelie at about 105-109 mph and i rolled down the highway (car next to me hit the bike next to me and his bike slid under mine) coming down I-240 in Memphis. my bike hit a retaining wall and caught fire! i think the only thing that saved me was dumb luck and my leathers (jacket/gloves/vest! i got a small bit of road rash on my !Removed! as that day i chose not to wear my leather pants! but lesson learned! i took the photo with my cell which surprisingly didn't break while waiting on the fire department! it took them 30 mins almost to get there!

post-62320-1208362359_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
What car & at what speed does your governor kick in?

* 149 MPH * Have topped out numerous times, and "that's it" which is fine with me. "It's not how fast you drive, it's how you drive fast!"

Power Pack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 2001 GS 430.

My governor Sucks too!!! I have a number of suspension mods and great tires only to find out I'm limited at: 125mph!!!

It is really hard to believe it is set this low. I was expecting/hoping to go a good 140+ the other night when I opened 'er up. Big Bessy was bought new in Texas so it probably didn't come with snow tires as one member suggested why he was limited differently. The car felt amazingly smooth at 125. No subtle shakes like I get at 65-70.

On the contrary Years ago I took my honda accord to the same governed speed. That governor was probably set too high lol. When I hit 125 on a bright sunny day the governor engaged and I was thrown forward like someone had just slammed on the brakes. Talk about unsafe!

I am reading other people have a 2001 GS as well but with different g ratings. Perhaps I was only able to hit 125 because it was night? haha The car is pretty smart but is it that smart?

2008 RX 350 craps out at 111 mph. Would not go past that despite several attempts. Driving a top-heavy SUV in that speed range is not advised despite the fact that the ride was smooth, noiseless, and didn't feel much different than 80 mph.

Nevada desert back road, no traffic - but it was open range. All of us would have been hamburger if one of those cattle had wandered onto the highway.

see crankt i told them i wasn't crazy. my freaking governor hits at 122 mph its soooooooooo lame. i had a gs300 get up and just walk off on me which is sooooooooo embarrassing! glad someone else has it rough lol!

"i will welcome myself back to the forum as im,woo hooooooooo, finally unsuspended! hahaha!"

brian