Memory Button (steering/mirror/seat Adjust) No Longer Works

I can only adjust my driver's seat with the switch between the seat side and the door. The switch sticks in the forward position, meaning I have to slide it backwards (not just let it go) to stop the forward motion of the seat. The steering wheel and driver's mirror both adjust fine. Neither memory switch works at this time. Not even a beep.

If the driver's seat adjustment portion of the full routine is faulty, will the entire routine be aborted? How can I troubleshoot this? Can this possibly be a fuse?

I can only adjust my driver's seat with the switch between the seat side and the door. The switch sticks in the forward position, meaning I have to slide it backwards (not just let it go) to stop the forward motion of the seat. The steering wheel and driver's mirror both adjust fine. Neither memory switch works at this time. Not even a beep.

If the driver's seat adjustment portion of the full routine is faulty, will the entire routine be aborted? How can I troubleshoot this? Can this possibly be a fuse?

think some1 did a post on this same thing within the last month or so........check the archives!

brian

think some1 did a post on this same thing within the last month or so........check the archives!

brian

I am searching the archives like a madman, I cannot find this issue discussed with a resolution. Maybe I'm not using the right search phrase?

FIXED!

I disconnected the car battery, thinking it might reset the car's computer (I read that somewhere) and this morning the memory buttons were working again. I had to re-program all the radio presets, but in the process I learned what the PSCAN button does (jumps through all your presets).

Since I had the battery disconnected, I cleaned the terminals and connectors and applied anti-corrosion compound to them.

Now to figure out if there's any chance in hell that I could replace my rear main seal myself.