2004 Rx330 Brake Job

KBRX330

I did a complete brake service on my Canadian built 04 RX330 and used Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors and ceramic pads. The reason I am posting is because the Canadian built has different (larger) front rotors then the Japan built and nobody but Lexus & Raybestos carries them. Lexus wanted $170.00 each for the fronts and 110.00 each for the rears. If you vin number starts with J you have a Japan built and if it starts with a 2 you have a Canadian built. The best quote for Lexus factory parts on-line was about $750.00 but I was able to get the Raybestos parts for about $420.

Have driven the car about 500 miles and they are perfect! No noise, no judder. I highly recommend the Raybestos AT parts and the pads are lifetime guarantee so I will be going back for the free replacements after another 40,000 miles.

Note: The Japan built front rotors are produced by several manufacturers and available at several on line parts sites.

I did a complete brake service on my Canadian built 04 RX330 and used Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors and ceramic pads. The reason I am posting is because the Canadian built has different (larger) front rotors then the Japan built and nobody but Lexus & Raybestos carries them. Lexus wanted $170.00 each for the fronts and 110.00 each for the rears. If you vin number starts with J you have a Japan built and if it starts with a 2 you have a Canadian built. The best quote for Lexus factory parts on-line was about $750.00 but I was able to get the Raybestos parts for about $420.

Have driven the car about 500 miles and they are perfect! No noise, no judder. I highly recommend the Raybestos AT parts and the pads are lifetime guarantee so I will be going back for the free replacements after another 40,000 miles.

Note: The Japan built front rotors are produced by several manufacturers and available at several on line parts sites.

"and the pads are lifetime guarentee...""

I would NEVER buy brake pads that came with a lifetime guarantee, nor a clutch disk either.

Guarantee against manufacturing defects, yes, but a guarantee against wear rate.....??

"and the pads are lifetime guarentee...""

I would NEVER buy brake pads that came with a lifetime guarantee, nor a clutch disk either.

Guarantee against manufacturing defects, yes, but a guarantee against wear rate.....??

Guaranteed against all of the above. Basically when I wear them out bring them back for another set free. They are ceramic pads and should go at least 40k with our driving style. The ap guy said save the receipt because it doesn't matter if its 5 years later. But we average 35k/ year on this vehicle so I'd say 18 months form now I'll be installing a new set.

Nothing wrong with buying pads with lifetime warranty. They are not claiming that they will never wear out. What they are saying is that when they do wear out, you will not be charged for the replacement pads. You will, however, pay for the labor to change them and whatever else is required at that time, which can be substantial. Raybestos Quiet Stop, Midas, plus others offer this warranty in the states. It worked for me using them on my other car and I recently used Raybestos Quiet Stop on my RX. I guess it's a numbers game. Everyone thinks they will have the car long enough to take advantage of the warranty but in reality very few do.

Since I will do the replacement the labor will be zero. Plus this car will get handed down to the next teenager in line when it has about 180,000 miles. So they will be giving me a new set of pads for sure.