Enabling Navigation Menu While A Passenger

lonewatie

I'm new here, first post, 2003 RX300 owner in Northern VA. Does anyone know how to disable/enable the navigation system so that a passenger can use the navigation menu while the car is moving? Thanks, look forward to sharing ideas/tips/etc.

I'm new here, first post, 2003 RX300 owner in Northern VA. Does anyone know how to disable/enable the navigation system so that a passenger can use the navigation menu while the car is moving? Thanks, look forward to sharing ideas/tips/etc.

It's possible. I can override the system while stopped then can use all the functions. Its tricky and every version has a different code. Read up on some of the old post. do a search for "override nav"

My dvd override is

press menu

press dvd

press the top left of screen

press the bottm left of screen

press the top left of screen

press the bottom left of screen

press the bottom right of screen

a blue screen appears

press and hold "override" for 5 seconds

it changes colors

press back

go to map as usual

you then have it overriden until you turn the car off.

Dave V

• 2 weeks later...

I too would love to have an override for the nav system, but on the RX, the gen 2/3 navigation system, I never see a 'dvd' option. It just doesn't exist. No matter where you go in the system, it's just not there.

In these, the radio is a wholly separate unit in the center stack, which may be the difference.

As it is, I have a burned 7.1 data disc which locks up a disturbing amount of the time. It happens enough so that I carry the OEM disc from 2002 in the vehicle, so, if nothing else, I have access to old data. I've gotten to where I can change the discs at a stoplight, if necessary.