91 Ls 400

portsmouthva

Hello my ls has been parked for about a mouth now, every other day i would start it up to let it run, today i went to crank it up and it didnt start, its done this before when a parked it then one day it just started with no problem, any ideas thanks..only parked it to save on gas

thanks for the replies but i have a new battery and terminals, i have no idea what the problem could be, when it started up the last time i took it to be look at, and nothing was found no c.e.l. etc, could condensation be a cause

Portsmouthva, new batteries have been known to be defective. Do a load test on your battery. If the battery is ok, then you need to check out your charging, ignition and fuel delivery systems. There are many informative threads on all of these and how to test them. You just need to do a bit of research.

I got the same thing occasionally (about 3 times in the past year), my LS has had no other issues starting and I replaced the battery with a titanium something or other from Advance a year ago (it was like $80 and 1.5x the size of the battery that was already in there, it's a monster.) but the car still occasionally died on me, like completely losing power less than 15 minutes after I had just shut it down. I would turn the key and get about 1/8sec of dash lights and everything electrical would cut out completely, including locks and lights

every time disconnecting the positive wire and making sure it was connected very securely made her start right up. no visible corrosion on the terminals, but I suspect it had something to do with large amounts of engine vibration messing with the connection before i fixed my mounts.

Sure sounds like a bad ground. i have a 93 ls400, had the similar problem. the local shop even replaced a 400.00 computer and it didn't take care of the problem. finally i checke the resistance on the negative cable and found out that it was way out of the normal range. i cleaned all the ground connections to the battery and chasis and it worked perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
Check your timing belt to see & make sure it has not snapped off, it will never even try to start, if timing belt is good check your compression on left and right bank

could be alternator, starter, or a disease.