Where To Purchases Used Trailer Hitch For Rx300

LexKid630

Anyone know where i could purchase a used OEM trailer hitch for an rx300? I don't need the wiring just the hitch.

I'm not planning to tow anything too heavy, don't worry, i wouldn't trust the transmission :lol:

Thanks for any suggestions!

P.S. If any of you guys have the hitch and would be willing to part with it, i can make you an offer! i'm looking in the $110 range for a used OEM.

Anyone know where i could purchase a used OEM trailer hitch for an rx300? I don't need the wiring just the hitch.

I'm not planning to tow anything too heavy, don't worry, i wouldn't trust the transmission :lol:

P.S. If any of you guys have the hitch and would be willing to part with it, i can make you an offer! i'm looking in the $110 range for a used OEM.

Try an eBay search for "lexus trailer hitch".

This was also suggested on your other post.

Try an eBay search for "lexus trailer hitch".

This was also suggested on your other post.

Another place to try is a junkyard that has Lexus RX parts. Apparently a Highlander hitch will fit as well.

I'm just looking for the frame that connects to the bottom of the car that you can attach a ball to. I looked on eBay but the ones available are after market which look horrible IMO compared to the OEM that considers the exhaust etc.

I have attached a picture of a "similarly-looking" frame and an rx300 with the OEM one installed. Thanks!

post-13420-1207678303_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1207678311_thumb.jpg

post-13420-1207678334.gif

Are you possibly looking for this hitch for a bike rack application? I have a hitch and a high end bike rack (Yakima, Roc N Gate) that I really don't use anymore. Shipping could be a problem.

Is your hitch OEM or did you purchase it aftermarket? If it's OEM i'd be interested!

Oh and i contacted a few junkyards in my area to no avail. I'm tempted to stop every Rx driver i see with one and ask if they don't use it :blushing:

Are you possibly looking for this hitch for a bike rack application? I have a hitch and a high end bike rack (Yakima, Roc N Gate) that I really don't use anymore. Shipping could be a problem.

Oh and i contacted a few junkyards in my area to no avail. I'm tempted to stop every Rx driver i see with one and ask if they don't use it :blushing:

The "similarly-looking" hitch does not look like the OEM hitch at all. There is a special curve that goes around the exhaust pipe. Check this post for a PDF file that shows the hitch installation and additionally, there are pictures of the installed hitch.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry254728

Look again at the hitches on eBay and you will see that some of them are the OEM shape and may even be the actual Toyota part. The post also has the Toyota part number for reference.

Thanks!!!!! I checked out that model number and noticed it's of the tubular design (not exactly appealing to me). It's made by a company called Draw-tite. I went on the website and they actually have 3 other models for the Rx300. See here:

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2001_Lexus_RX300.htm

I need the 2" hitch Opening, so what about the 41541? Here, it's $156 with free shipping. (free ship over 150) This looks about what i want.

EDIT: Thanks for your help guys, i purchased it! Thanks for all of your help!

Well i put it on and it looks great! I wouldn't be able to tell the difference from OEM unless i had them next to each other. Took about 30mins to get on due to my lack of upper body strength.

In case any others are interested, it's made by "Draw-tite" model number 41541. Ebay has them for ~$99 plus shipping.

• 3 months later...

Hi Mikey,

Do you still have this hitch and bike rack available? I am looking for an affordable one. Having just been diagnosed with cancer, part of my treatment plan is diet and exercise. My husband and I would prefer biking, but am anticipating high medical costs this year and don't dare put out what retail wants. I actually have a 2003 Toyota Highlander, but I believe it's the same as the RX300 as the hitch websites seem to match them up.. Thanks.

JHaase

Yes I still have it. I haven't really pursued selling it other my one post here. The hitch should be the same as the Highlander. Back when I purchased it, Hiddden Hitch listed it as fitting the Highlander and did not list the RX. I went to a Toyota dealer on a Sunday and crawled under a Highlander and measured everything. Everything was the same so I bought the HiddenHitch 70777 for the Highlander and it fit the RX fine. The Yakima Roc n Gate is a high end bike rack that swings out so you can open the back of the RX without removing the bikes. I used it for one vacation.

I would let everything go for a good price but shipping might be a killer. I don't even know how to go about shipping something as heavy as the bike rack and I no longer have the box. But it did get shipped to me from Washington state, so I guess it can be done.

Yes I still have it. I haven't really pursued selling it other my one post here. The hitch should be the same as the Highlander. Back when I purchased it, Hiddden Hitch listed it as fitting the Highlander and did not list the RX. I went to a Toyota dealer on a Sunday and crawled under a Highlander and measured everything. Everything was the same so I bought the HiddenHitch 70777 for the Highlander and it fit the RX fine. The Yakima Roc n Gate is a high end bike rack that swings out so you can open the back of the RX without removing the bikes. I used it for one vacation.

I would let everything go for a good price but shipping might be a killer. I don't even know how to go about shipping something as heavy as the bike rack and I no longer have the box. But it did get shipped to me from Washington state, so I guess it can be done.

Thanks for the reply. Well, I guess the next step would be to come up with a price and maybe call a shipping place. Amazon has the hitch listed at 42 pounds. I can't find the weight on the Roc n Gate. Maybe the trick is to ship them in separate boxes. But first things first, please let me know what you're asking for it. Is there a wiring kit that came with the hitch?

Thanks Mikey,

JHaase

It took me awhile to dig out all the paperwork to figure out what I paid. Both the hitch and rack were purchased new in June 2001. I have all orignal paperwork/manuals and receipts. The hitch is a HiddenHitch 70777 and came from 1800hitchit.com. It cost me $140 delivered. The rack is a Yakima Roc N Gate and came from www.rack-n-roll.com. It cost $430 delivered. If you check the site, it looks like the Roc n Gate Model is now called the Swing Daddy and cost the same. I did hunt the internet for best prices on both of these. The hitch and rack have only been used for one vacation (NJ to NC). Other than that one week the rack has been stored inside and looks brand new. The hitch has been on the car and looks good but not new. If you are interested I will sell both for $250 (that's less than 1/2 original cost) and split the shipping with you.

Making some assumptions, total shipping looks to be around $100.

Edit: Sold