Error P0440 Engine Check Light

naughty77

hi folks

i got the engine check (orange light) came on and took it to lexsus dealer fir check up. they told the the folloiwnfg error " P044 Evaporative emission control system malfuncation"

does any one know what this mean and is it importasnt to be sorted out.

the lexsus guys said he needs time to check the full car and i did not have much time to leave the car with them

note, the car is ls430 model 2001 american specicfications bt imported to dubai/sharjah.

thanks

hi folks

i got the engine check (orange light) came on and took it to lexsus dealer fir check up. they told the the folloiwnfg error " P044 Evaporative emission control system malfuncation"

does any one know what this mean and is it importasnt to be sorted out.

the lexsus guys said he needs time to check the full car and i did not have much time to leave the car with them

note, the car is ls430 model 2001 american specicfications bt imported to dubai/sharjah.

thanks

That could be something as simple as a gas cap left off/loose after refueling or the gas cap temporarily removed but the car not refueled.

Reset the code make sure your gas cap gasket is good and see what happens, if it comes back then check it out further.

CPR

thanks folks

the gas cap looks fine and secure...

the car is recent purchase and i had many things changed (battery, fuel pump, air filter, and normal service). the check light on came and on ad i tool it to lexsus dealer for full check of the car and they swtiched off the P0440 chek engine but told me it needs furhter check and time and i was busy. then after a few weeks, i did not drive much, the same check on came again. the lexus dealer on thier report says also their is a V.V.T and engine sump leak and i am not sure if this casuign the check engine light to appear again

i am do not know much a bout cars and i am new to lexus.