Is Ga Administrators, Inc. Lexus Dealer Warranty

One day before dealer warranty expired (thought I had a couple of weeks...surprise!) I purchased (I think) a Lexus Platinum 7 yr. 100k dealer warranty for $1575. I received quotes from $1575 (which I was told was dealer cost) to $2375 & no two dealers had the same quote. Amazing! I was planning to call a couple of dealers, & when I continually got different quotes, I contacted Lexus dealers in Atlanta, Denver, Reno, two dealers in Houston & Glendale CA.

Today, I received a Fedex copy of the VSA Application from the dealership where I purchased the warranty. The Acknowledgement section reads...I, the applicant, apply to GS Adminstrators, Inc. (GSA) for a Vehicle Service Agreement (VSA)... The last sentence reads...I UNDERSTAND THE VSA IS NEITHER A WARRANTY OR AN INSURANCE POLICY.

I've read on the message boards & forums where there are third party warranties but I specifically requested a Lexus platinum dealer warranty & have no idea if that is what I purchased. Fortunately, I purchased it with Amex card so it can be cancelled without a problem.

The top of the form LEXUS printed on it...other than that, there is no reference to it being a Lexus warrant, or even a warranty at all. Can someone help me?

Many thanks from a frustrated chick...

If you can fax me a copy of the brochure or warranty application I will be able to help.

Toby Rivers

Lexus of Shreveport

800-335-3987

318-741-3136 fax

One day before dealer warranty expired (thought I had a couple of weeks...surprise!) I purchased (I think) a Lexus Platinum 7 yr. 100k dealer warranty for $1575. I received quotes from $1575 (which I was told was dealer cost) to $2375 & no two dealers had the same quote. Amazing! I was planning to call a couple of dealers, & when I continually got different quotes, I contacted Lexus dealers in Atlanta, Denver, Reno, two dealers in Houston & Glendale CA.

Today, I received a Fedex copy of the VSA Application from the dealership where I purchased the warranty. The Acknowledgement section reads...I, the applicant, apply to GS Adminstrators, Inc. (GSA) for a Vehicle Service Agreement (VSA)... The last sentence reads...I UNDERSTAND THE VSA IS NEITHER A WARRANTY OR AN INSURANCE POLICY.

I've read on the message boards & forums where there are third party warranties but I specifically requested a Lexus platinum dealer warranty & have no idea if that is what I purchased. Fortunately, I purchased it with Amex card so it can be cancelled without a problem.

The top of the form LEXUS printed on it...other than that, there is no reference to it being a Lexus warrant, or even a warranty at all. Can someone help me?

Many thanks from a frustrated chick...

• 1 year later...