Nav Override Instructions

BaddBoi70

I discovered this post on the IS350 forum (looking at an '06 IS350) and I was wondering if this "trick" worked on the '07 ES350 NAV system:

NAV override instructions:

This is not permanent and it has to be done everytime you start your car.

Press Menu

Press Volume

Press the Top Left Corner of the Screen

Press the Bottom Left Corner of the Screen

Press the Top Left Corner of the Screen

Press the Bottom Left Corner of the Screen

A Menu will come up.

Press and Hold Override for 5 seconds or until you hear a beep

Hit back and you are done, you should be able to enter destinations while driving.

My car is at the dealership (again), so I will try this tomorrow when I get my baby back!

As JGT says, it may work for you, but the 08's have the next version of the software, that although eliminates the need to hit OK every time you start your car, you cannot override it. Some people have created what is called a "hybrid" which combines the old executable with the updated maps. The pro is that you can override it, the con, you have to press OK.

Personally and ethically speaking, I would not buy a hybrid disk. One, because having been an software developer I understand that my income came from people buying the software legally. And two, I don't think I would risk $300 on buying something that is not guaranteed by the manufacturer.

As JGT says, it may work for you, but the 08's have the next version of the software, that although eliminates the need to hit OK every time you start your car, you cannot override it. Some people have created what is called a "hybrid" which combines the old executable with the updated maps. The pro is that you can override it, the con, you have to press OK.

Personally and ethically speaking, I would not buy a hybrid disk. One, because having been an software developer I understand that my income came from people buying the software legally. And two, I don't think I would risk $300 on buying something that is not guaranteed by the manufacturer.

AZ -

I am not sure why you are referencing a hybrid disk????? The post doesn't refer to a hybrid disk; rather, simple instructions to use to override the system "manually". I woudl also not recommend to the masses purchasing a "black market" DVD as it is a serious piracy violation. You see, I too am in the software biz :)

Personally and ethically speaking, I would not buy a hybrid disk. One, because having been a software developer I understand that my income came from people buying the software legally. And two, I don't think I would risk $300 on buying something that is not guaranteed by the manufacturer.

AZ -

I am not sure why you are referencing a hybrid disk????? The post doesn't refer to a hybrid disk; rather, simple instructions to use to override the system "manually". I woudl also not recommend to the masses purchasing a "black market" DVD as it is a serious piracy violation. You see, I too am in the software biz :)

I just referenced the hybrid disk because the 08 has the latest software that does not allow the override, and that is why the hybrid was created. Until Lexus comes out with something different I will live with what I have, legally and ethically!

I just referenced the hybrid disk because the 08 has the latest software that does not allow the override, and that is why the hybrid was created. Until Lexus comes out with something different I will live with what I have, legally and ethically!

Gotcha :) Thanks for clarifying.