Help Driver Side Side/wing Mirror

GXNY

Does anyone know how I can purchase this part inside the side mirror pod?

Reversing too fast into the garage...I hit and sheared off the Driver side mirror pod. The mirror is not damaged. Wanting to repair it myself, Lexus dealer says I cannot buy parts to fix it, and cannot provide an exploded diagram of the internal parts (if I had this diagram I'd know exactly which part to try to buy). Im trying to avoid buying the whole painted pod and mount. Right now its duct-taped on and mirrow unit works fine.

The body-color painted mirror pod sits on and rotates on a painted bracket. I sheared a black plastic circular part (with 3 screws in it) that holds the pod to the bracket, and allows the pod to be moved/rotated towards the driver window, but does not (as I did) allow the pod to rotate towards the hood.

Many thanks

Reversing too fast into the garage...I hit and sheared off the Driver side mirror pod. The mirror is not damaged. Wanting to repair it myself, Lexus dealer says I cannot buy parts to fix it, and cannot provide an exploded diagram of the internal parts (if I had this diagram I'd know exactly which part to try to buy). Im trying to avoid buying the whole painted pod and mount. Right now its duct-taped on and mirrow unit works fine.

The body-color painted mirror pod sits on and rotates on a painted bracket. I sheared a black plastic circular part (with 3 screws in it) that holds the pod to the bracket, and allows the pod to be moved/rotated towards the driver window, but does not (as I did) allow the pod to rotate towards the hood.

Many thanks

The only replaceable parts listed for the side view mirrors are the mirror glass itself and the entire mirror assembly. You can check ebay. I've seen side veiw mirrors in various colors on that site.

The only replaceable parts listed for the side view mirrors are the mirror glass itself and the entire mirror assembly. You can check ebay. I've seen side veiw mirrors in various colors on that site.

Thank you for the reply, annoying I cannot buy a $2 buck plastic clip

• 1 month later...

Many thanks

Hey there,

Darn it - I also knocked my mirror off! Like you, I'd rather replace the small part inside instead of forking over $500 to Lexus for a new mirror. Did you end up replacing your whole mirror? I was thinking of purchasing a scrap mirror so I can take out the plastic part but I'm not sure if it pops out easily or if it's glued in. Any advice you can offer would be great. Thanks!