Lexus Road Hazard Insurance-a Good Buy?

New owner of 2008 RX350 (Smokey Granite, Lite Grey interior, Nav + prem plus pkg)

At purchase ($38,300 +TTT) added the optional road hazard for 5 years (replaces with new tires and covers rims) for $500. Have 30 days to rescind if I choose. Checked around on the stock Michelins and general road hazard insurance (not as comprehensive as Lexus') is about $25 per tire. Live in the ATL where road hazard is a must but trying to decide if this is a good program or not. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this program?

New owner of 2008 RX350 (Smokey Granite, Lite Grey interior, Nav + prem plus pkg)

At purchase ($38,300 +TTT) added the optional road hazard for 5 years (replaces with new tires and covers rims) for $500. Have 30 days to rescind if I choose. Checked around on the stock Michelins and general road hazard insurance (not as comprehensive as Lexus') is about $25 per tire. Live in the ATL where road hazard is a must but trying to decide if this is a good program or not. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this program?

I did not get any road haz ins, but if I had to, I would go with the michelin and save $400. It is not that easy to damage the rim on an SUV. If I had 30'' rims w/ ruber bands for tires, may be then I'd think anout it.

I did not get any road haz ins, but if I had to, I would go with the michelin and save $400. It is not that easy to damage the rim on an SUV. If I had 30'' rims w/ ruber bands for tires, may be then I'd think anout it.

Additionally just what constitutes "failure" of the rim according to the company that issues the policy.

Curb rash...NOT..!!

Just another way to line the dealer's pockets with YOUR income.