How Many People On Here Have The Ultra Luxury Package?

saabkyle04

I have a 2007 ES350 with the UL package and ML sound system. I've heard they are pretty rare, I have probably only seen a couple of them around. It makes me feel so much more special and you feel unique haha!! :D I also heard from the salesman that there was only like 50 of them on the east coast when I got the car in june of 07, how crazy is that??

post-68371-1207925564_thumb.jpg

There may be more than you think...I'm north of you in Roanoke, but I had to go to Fresno CA and drive mine back to get the color combo I wanted...As far as I know, there are only 2 UL packages I've seen in Roanoke. Maybe a more pointed question would be how many UL's in your color combo AND with the rear spoiler in your area? Mine is White/Grey AND has a spoiler. Not the only white one in town, but the only white with a spoiler. The other guy also has tan interior...I guess that's why I had to go 2500 miles to get it!

Congrats on your unique-ness...I'm right there with ya!

Ours is 08 with UL, Levinson system, blk sapphire and cashmere. Looks incredible with new black window tint. I have seen a couple of white with UL and did not like the contrast between dark roof on light color body. I still think our 2000 Platinum series is my favorite out of the two. You can't compare it on performance, but the quality of interior materials used blows the new one away. The old Nakamichi system sounds better than the ML too. Still like the new car just fine.

Yeah mine is a tungsten pearl (silver) with the grey interior, and I'm hoping to get that spoiler soon! I'm in Reidsville, NC and I know there are maybe 2 or 3 other ES's in town but I know I am the only one with the UL package ;)

I have a 2007 ES350 with the UL package and ML sound system. I've heard they are pretty rare, I have probably only seen a couple of them around. It makes me feel so much more special and you feel unique haha!! :D I also heard from the salesman that there was only like 50 of them on the east coast when I got the car in june of 07, how crazy is that??

We have a 2008 ES350 with the UL package. Black with light gray interior. Has the spoiler along with everything else except the radar/adaptive cruise control. Enjoying it very much.

post-50723-1207537812_thumb.jpg

'07 UL with everything - maxed out, except for the pre-collision and adaptive

cruise control (from what I was told that had to ordered). I was told by the

dealer they just unloaded it of the truck. The mileage said 12 on it when I test

drove it. He said the last one didn't last on the floor very long. I wasn't even

looking to buy a car that day, but after test driving it I knew it was a great

opportunity. I actually try to look for them in our area. I maybe see one every

3 months or so in the Sac area - and I have never seen another one in this same color.

I got a 07 UL package pearl white with black interior fully loaded with the spoiler...... I've seen a couple of pearl whites with the UL package but none with the black interior..... So i got to say my car is def unique.....

I bought the first UL in April '06 that was delivered on the east coast. It has every option except for the radar/adaptive cruise control. Picture of my car on the bottom of this post. This car is a dream. :wub:

The UL was extremely rare in the 07 on the east coast. They're more common now.

If I bought one it would only be with the UL package...

The main reason I bought the UL was because it was the only package that had the ML sound system. Of course, this model came loaded with almost every option that Lexus offered, except for the radar cruise. If I wanted that feature, I would have to special order it, and that would have delayed my enjoyment of this auto for about 3 months.

• 2 months later...

We got ours maxed out too with everything except the pre-collision and adaptive cruise control.

07 Black Sapphire Pearl UL/ML/Nav...........etc.

When we decided on the UL, the color we wanted was in a dealership somewhere in Utah, so they made the trade for us. A little while later.....Tada!

Haven't seen a single ES with the same color in the Nor-Cal area yet.......

I almost bought one with premium package and nav, but then I drove a UL equipped model. I rationalized that the few extra bucks per month would be worth it and I was right. The extra luxury options really tip the scales for the ES making it a true luxury car. Since I bought mine a month ago I've been looking to see how many other UL ES' are on the streets in Boston, and I've only seen 2. The UL package definitely solidifies the difference between a Camry XLE and an ES.

I almost bought one with premium package and nav, but then I drove a UL equipped model. I rationalized that the few extra bucks per month would be worth it and I was right. The extra luxury options really tip the scales for the ES making it a true luxury car. Since I bought mine a month ago I've been looking to see how many other UL ES' are on the streets in Boston, and I've only seen 2. The UL package definitely solidifies the difference between a Camry XLE and an ES.

Tango, I agree. And, I have heard that the UL seats are much softer leather and more comfortable...not sure if that is true but the seats are nice!

Black and Black UL bought in 2007.08 in the greater DC area... spoiler added for free! Had dealers in the DC/Baltimore region scrambling to find me that combination... they apparently ripped it off some poor dealer in north Jersey~

Great deal. Loving it. Only glitch is the tendency to attract ignorant drivers and parkers in the DC area... It's already been dinged multiple times, run off the road, hood and front grille smash and run'd, rear clipped by lunatic doing probably 45 while I was at a dead stop on the middle of 270...

It's like the gods want to strike this beauty down...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just got my 08 UL in blk saph / grey maxed out opts. LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!! They tried to sell me step down, but I held out for what I wanted. First brand new car in 27 years!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've had my '08 ES UL w/Nav & ML Black/Black for a month (purchased 9/12/08) in Central, NJ. I know my car is very rare up here. The key was the Black/Black combo. It could not be found in three local states. I actually had to wait for it to come off the ship into Newark, NJ. Took about 3 weeks.

I'm damn glad I did. In fact, sometimes I feel guilty I have it with the stock market tanking, etc. In fact I don't leave it in my driveway. I keep it hidden in my garage so my neighbors don't see it. I had a Chrysler Concorde Limited before that and some local kids ripped off the logo emblem off the back. No way I'm going to let that happen this time.

I have to say, however, I'm a little critical of the ML system. Clearly it's way better than the standard Lexus sound system. But I find that I have to turn up the volume to get more of the surround sound feel. And what's the deal with just a treble, midrange and base level setting?! A sound system with that much power and cost should have a serious equilizer type of setting control, right?

But for me the best feature is the handsfree phone. I have it synched up with my Motorola Razor and it works perfectly. A friend of mine has a Mercedes S550 and his handsfree sucks. It's so hard to hear him when he calls me. Nicely done by Lexus!

I also agree with another poster about the leather. Very soft, very luxurious.

Overall, very happy with the purchase.

Are you trying to listen to a movie? If not, turn off the surround sound which is on by default. I believe you will hear a big improvement!

No, not a movie. Mostly the radio and CD's. It's not a major deal and I've been playing with the surround sound and ASL buttons on/off. It definitely sounds better with both on (what is the ASL button anyway and that signal looking icon?).

I know some of it has to do with radio stations that I don't get a strong signal. Any car will have that issue. It's just when I have a CD and/or a radio station with a strong signal that I tend to have to turn up the volume to really fill the cabin with sound and that 10+ speakder effect.

Again, certainly better than the base model stereo and exponentially better than the POS car/stereo I had before. I'm not an audiophile but I guess I had a different sound expectation.

What I need to do is find some DVD-A (and/or movies with 5.1 dolby). I have a Police concert DVD in my car now, but it wasn't recorded in 5.1. All in all, I know I'm just being picky. I do love the car!