Help With 1996 Lexus Ls400

dhennessey

Hi

I just bought my dream car a 1996 LS400.

I need to fix the windshield washer/reservoir - The headlight washer works but the windshield washer doesn't - Are there 2 motors or 1?

Also I'll need to get new front upper ball joints - Does anyone know where to buy high quality parts at a cheap price?

please email at david.hennessey@td.com

upper ball joints are not sold separately, i think you have to get whole arm, this is why didnt changemine, they are 300$ a piece,

you can check newlexusparts.com

for the prices:)

dont remember about the wipers.

upper ball joints are not sold separately, i think you have to get whole arm, this is why didnt changemine, they are 300$ a piece,

you can check newlexusparts.com

for the prices:)

dont remember about the wipers.

thank you - I checked ebay for prices on the arms, and they also sell after market arms - Have you heard how they work? Or should I stick to Lexus parts?

I believe there are separate motors for windshield and headlights. Depending on how long you wish to keep the car I would alway go oem on the front end.

Ok - Thank you for the advice. Just want to say that this site ROCKS.

I was hoping I can keep this car for approx 5 years as the body and interior is in mint condition. All I need are some RIMS AND BIG TIRES so I can launch my Rap Album.

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of wheels are you interested in? There are lots of nice ones at www.d2autosport.com

Got any demos of your album, or anywhere to listen to it? and pictures of your ride?

Welcome to the club dhennessey :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your wheels & tires purchase David, enjoy!

I would contact your Lexus mechanic about the washer fluid pump & suspension issues...get prices from him first.

Also, you might want to give Standard Auto Wreckers a call too.....here is their link:

http://www.standardautowreckers.com/ They have a location in Niagara Falls NY too so they can ship parts up to the Canadian location.

When your ready for your tint, let me know & I will hook you up with my contact. :)

:cheers: