How To Program Vmail Tones Into A Phone # String?

rjt65

Hello all

1 week and 2 days into ownership and I have all the features pretty much known. Still reading thru my last book - the owners manual. and have not seen much on how to program in tones into a string.

So I enter a phone number to enter my work conference call ....lets say I enter for the location a name than the number as:

xxx-xxx-xxxPP123456#

where x = phone #, (it dials the phone #) but it does not than use the PP pauses than enter the touchtone #'s for the passcode. I just see it pass thru the

first phone # digits

Is there a way to automate this? I did see a way to manually enter the tones after but want it automated into speed dial. seem slike these maybe hard pauses, where what i want is a soft pause.

thanks anyone for help here

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, this is an aggravation. The LEXUS (Toyota) programmers did not apparently test this feature out.

The best I have found is to put a "wait" into your phone number just before the following tones. Then when you dial the number with your car, the screen will show the remaining tones. You have to press a button on the screen to continue the dialing. I think this feature was really meant for extensions, not what most people need it for (like calling bank accounts, etc.).

thanks yep I have been doing that.

easier than to just dial from my phone as my phone will do the Pauses..automatically

Yes, this is an aggravation. The LEXUS (Toyota) programmers did not apparently test this feature out.

The best I have found is to put a "wait" into your phone number just before the following tones. Then when you dial the number with your car, the screen will show the remaining tones. You have to press a button on the screen to continue the dialing. I think this feature was really meant for extensions, not what most people need it for (like calling bank accounts, etc.).