Looking To Get A Gs300

Hey,

Hows everyone doing? Well I've been wanting a sc300 for so many years now, (and I'm only 19 lol). Since I'm about to get a second job, I need something reliabe. And nothing is like a Toyota engine. I orginally wanted to get an SC300. But I figured I already have my toy car I need something to drive my mom around in. So today I stopped by a dealership and test drove a 01 GS300. I fell in love =]. Its been so long I have driven something with luxury. I forgot thought you dont need to feel the bumps in the road when driving lol. I didn't really get to push the car but It felt like it will getup if I wanted it too.

I have a few questions before I go out and purchase one if I do decided to go GS route

Right now I drive a 87 5.0 as my daily (230miles to the tank) and a built 93MR2Turbo as my weekend warrior (100miles to the tank). Anyway here are the questions I have:

1. How is the GS300 on gas? Can I go a few days with out having to stop at a gas station? I drive 80+ miles a day so its a must.

2. What are the major problems that come along with the car.

3. When I go to look at one what should I be on the look out for? Rust, etc.

4. Are there any freemods that I can do once I get the car?

Thanks,

Mike

Hey,

Hows everyone doing? Well I've been wanting a sc300 for so many years now, (and I'm only 19 lol). Since I'm about to get a second job, I need something reliabe. And nothing is like a Toyota engine. I orginally wanted to get an SC300. But I figured I already have my toy car I need something to drive my mom around in. So today I stopped by a dealership and test drove a 01 GS300. I fell in love =]. Its been so long I have driven something with luxury. I forgot thought you dont need to feel the bumps in the road when driving lol. I didn't really get to push the car but It felt like it will getup if I wanted it too.

I have a few questions before I go out and purchase one if I do decided to go GS route

Right now I drive a 87 5.0 as my daily (230miles to the tank) and a built 93MR2Turbo as my weekend warrior (100miles to the tank). Anyway here are the questions I have:

1. How is the GS300 on gas? Can I go a few days with out having to stop at a gas station? I drive 80+ miles a day so its a must.

2. What are the major problems that come along with the car.

3. When I go to look at one what should I be on the look out for? Rust, etc.

4. Are there any freemods that I can do once I get the car?

Thanks,

Mike

1. I get 18/26 average, Depends on how you drive

2. You will look for excuses to drive it, Keep it clean and maintain it

3. The color you want, Wheel tire combo etc...

4. Depends 1st gen, 2nd gen. 3rd gen ???

Find one in your price range with the lowest miles and full service records, Enjoy for a long time :cheers:

dcfish is absolutely right. Especially in his response to your 2nd question. I get about the same mileage (18/23) on my '03. There's no question that I look for excuses to drive it and love to baby it. And unlike my experience with European luxury cars (e.g. BMW, Mercedes) the Toyota engineers put just as much thought into reliability as performance. As with anything built with thousands of parts moving at high speeds over variable conditions, there are going to be quirks, but I haven't found them. And the design is classic and beautiful. That's true of all of the Lexus models. I love the new GS's but still love the look of my gen 2 when parked next to a new one. The lines are timeless. I could go on but hey, you felt it when you drove it.

If you are looking for a significant MPG improvement over your 5.0 I'm afraid the GS will not handily provide it. Not to take anything else away from the discussion -- and I do LOVE my GS300 -- but you'll only improve your cruising range by about 50-70 miles per tankful. If one more day away from the gas station every week will make you happy then go for it, but definitely don't expect fuel economy to be a "feature" of the GS3.