Automatic Bass Reduction

Derty

I just bought my ES350 March 9th and so far I love it. I got the pearl white with cashmere. The only thing I don't like is the audio system. I don't have the Mark Levinson, but what I find is in order to protect the speakers that when I turn the Volume passed 50 the bass automatically decreases and all you hear are the mids and tweets. Is there any way to disable this function. I want to put some subs in the trunk, but car toys said I will have the same promblem unless there is a way to turn this function off. Help!!

Jason in WA

I just bought my ES350 March 9th and so far I love it. I got the pearl white with cashmere. The only thing I don't like is the audio system. I don't have the Mark Levinson, but what I find is in order to protect the speakers that when I turn the Volume passed 50 the bass automatically decreases and all you hear are the mids and tweets. Is there any way to disable this function. I want to put some subs in the trunk, but car toys said I will have the same promblem unless there is a way to turn this function off. Help!!

Jason in WA

I don't know, have any real idea for sure, but at (extremely??) high volume levels and especially at low frequencies it is very easy to "over-travel" the woofer speaker cone and "rip" it right out of the mountings. A new larger "tougher" woofer might be the answer but along with a separate Bass amplifier/driver.