Cam Shaft And Engine Parts Brown Colored, Is There An Oil Additive Cle

Hey guys I was out in my garage at 10pm to 1am working on my '97 ES300. I know my car pretty well. I grabbed my 10mm socket and removed the ignition components etc to prepare to access the camshaft and lobes etc. I removed the cover and I see what i see at work. Brown parts with a carbon appearance to them. I change my oil every 2500 miles or so(sorry mrburnickas) and I am satisfied with performace overall. I need a good additive to remove the build up from the oil etc that has settled or built up. I dont feel like toothbrushing it for 10 hours. Can anyone feed me a good brand for cleaning dirty engine parts. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Hey guys I was out in my garage at 10pm to 1am working on my '97 ES300. I know my car pretty well. I grabbed my 10mm socket and removed the ignition components etc to prepare to access the camshaft and lobes etc. I removed the cover and I see what i see at work. Brown parts with a carbon appearance to them. I change my oil every 2500 miles or so(sorry mrburnickas) and I am satisfied with performace overall. I need a good additive to remove the build up from the oil etc that has settled or built up. I dont feel like toothbrushing it for 10 hours. Can anyone feed me a good brand for cleaning dirty engine parts. I would greatly appreciate the help.

I think seafoam will clean it up.

So this brown is sludge/carbon or varnish?

The posts above says seafoam but I have my dislikes on that product. Sounds like you are using a dino oil, based on your posts..tisk tisk! :)

Sounds to be your have a dirty engine and the oil is std. If you used a synthetic (group 4 or 5) based that would suply some cleaning; aka diesel oils. What I like for an addative based on my testing, great customer help (UOA house like it) is Lube Control Lc20. The stuff has been out for years and it works mint. It is not a flush and takes some miles to work and works very well. Try it out. They are some others but customer service is poor along with other things...

What I would do, this is me, is spend the $$$ and pull a test. Maybe you are a parts not working as it shoud (more fuel in oil, wear (from cams, rings etc) is though the roof (brown stuff you see?), engine oil is not working good enough.....

Lc20 would clean, a HDEO would, along with others. YMMV

My engine is clean though. :P :P :D :D