Major Help Needed On Buying A New Gs

Hello Lexus owners, I am thinking about getting a new GS model either 350 or 460 still thinking. What would be the good price for both with fully loaded options?

Also when it comes to deal, which stuff should I ask for free such as services and little parts like all weather mats.

Anyone has recommendation on why I should get 350 over 460?

or 460 over 350?

I am also thinking about IS-F too.

Power wise both the 350 and the 460 are very close, I think the 460 is 0.3 sec. faster from 0-60. When fully loaded, the 460 have quite a few extra options and cost around $10000 more. The 460's standard option which is not on the 350 are: Adjustable shocks, better quality leather, VDIM, varible ratio steering and electric brakes. One option for 460 that you cannot add to the 350 is the active power stabilizer system, which let you go over bump softly when you are going straight and automatically stiffen up the suspension when you are taking a turn, it works pretty good.

I guess it depends on what you can afford, go for the 460 is you can afford it.

You should go to KBB or edmunds to find out what the invoice price is for the car you want B 4 you walk into the dealer. The GS are selling at $0 to $1000 above invoice right now.

Good Luck

The invoice price for a GS350 RWD with pretty much everything in it except for the Pre-Collision System invoice at $45300. Add the Lexus advertising fee and it should be aroung $46000. Start from there, but I would not pay more than a $1000 over invoice.

According to my calculation, the invoice price for a GS350 AWD with ML and nav and a bunch of other option is about $47750. Add the sales tax and it comes to $50734. That is assuming you can find a AWD in TX and that a dealer is willing to sell you a ML GS for invoice.

Hello Lexus owners, I am thinking about getting a new GS model either 350 or 460 still thinking. What would be the good price for both with fully loaded options?

Also when it comes to deal, which stuff should I ask for free such as services and little parts like all weather mats.

or 460 over 350?

Hi, We drove both the 350 and the 460. We bought the 460 because we wanted the option of the Sport Mode. We really liked the BMW for handling in tight corners and acceleration. Buying the 460 we felt like we made a compromise. The 350 is a wonderful car, but there is noticable difference in acceleration and road feel between it and the 460 in Sport Mode. They are both great cars and I bet you'll be happy with either. Whatever you do, get the Mark Levison Sound System! :D

• 1 month later...

or 460 over 350?

Hi, We drove both the 350 and the 460. We bought the 460 because we wanted the option of the Sport Mode. We really liked the BMW for handling in tight corners and acceleration. Buying the 460 we felt like we made a compromise. The 350 is a wonderful car, but there is noticable difference in acceleration and road feel between it and the 460 in Sport Mode. They are both great cars and I bet you'll be happy with either. Whatever you do, get the Mark Levison Sound System! :D

Which BMW? I checked out the 535xi

Which BMW? I checked out the 535xi

So did I. The 335XI was $15K more and has less options. Lexus had a nicer interior, better built material and no I-Drive. Both accelarate about the same, the BMW did corners better but at the expense of a rougher ride. Since I dont corner at 80 MPH like I use to when I was younger, Lexus was the right choice for me.

• 2 weeks later...

or 460 over 350?

No matter what price you negotiate from the dealer new, you will lose about $15k in depreciation in 2 years. A new luxury car is the worst value for your money. Either buy an '06 300/430 or wait a couple years to get an '08.

you can get a low mileage 2year old off-lease and get the same level of service from the dealer. Factory warrantee will transfer in most cases.

But then you have to drive a used car.

I don't doubt the financial wisdom of your advice, but everyone who buys new cars doesn't do it out of stupidity. I enjoy driving a brand new car and a car that nobody has ever owned but me. If it costs me more, so be it.