Why Doesn't Artist/track Info Show When Playing Cd?

I have an '08 IS250 with the Navigation system and when I am listening to a CD there is no artist or track info showing. This is for CD's that I've bought in a store. I haven't tried any that I've burned myself. Is this common and is there a fix?

Some CD's are coded and some aren't. I have some that show title and track and some that don't.

Yeah but these CD's in question show the information when I play them on my PC at home so they must be coded unless there's something I don't understand about that.

Some CD's are coded and some aren't. I have some that show title and track and some that don't.

Yeah but these CD's in question show the information when I play them on my PC at home so they must be coded unless there's something I don't understand about that.

Well I dunno then. I'm not all that familiar with the system. I have the standard stereo.

In order for artist name and track to appear, cd needs to be encoded with cd text. As for the "information" appearing on your pc, that is not the same thing. Was your pc connected to the internet while you were playing the cd in your media player? Media players such as WMP, Itunes, etc don't used cd text. They access an online database such as Gracenote (formerly CDDB) to provide artist, track, time, songwriter, etc.

As for your IS, you may simply need to turn on the cd text feature. Some of the earlier models required pushing a "text" button. Not familiar with the 2008 IS system, sorry. Might be able to look it up tomorrow.

dude i had the same problem until i came upon some website.

basically u need to make mp3 discs rather than CDs.

1. get a blank disc and put in ure cd drive

2. open so u have a folder where u can drag stuff in it

3. drag music into the folder (u can drag like a 100 mps or more)

4. write the files to the cd by clicking "write files to cd" or something like that

then just put the cd into ure lexus and wala

4. write the files to the cd by clicking "write files to cd" or something like that

Not necessarily. If you burn discs in iTunes, you can change the preferences to show text--the default setting does not show the text. I'm sure other music programs have the same setting. And this is for buring discs conventionally, not as mp3.

According to the owners manual, hitting the DISC-AUX should display title and track info, if the disc is encoded.

Won't work if the CD is not encoded with text. Nor will "Track List" on the nav screen--it will just show blanks.

He's not playing burned discs, he's playing store-bought CDs.

Do they have the CD-TEXT emblem on them? If not you won't see text even if you press the text button.

You can see the logo you're looking for here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:CDTXlogo.svg

Thanks, that's the information I was looking for. I knoew that burned discs would show the info but was confused as to why store-bought ones would not. Seems like for $14 every one should have that text embedded in them.

Really? MP3 tag info shows up on the console? Mine doesn't and all I play is mp3's. Is there a setting for this? I can see file name and folder under Audio menu but that's about it.

Oh, I have an 08 with Mark Levinson.

Really? MP3 tag info shows up on the console? Mine doesn't and all I play is mp3's. Is there a setting for this? I can see file name and folder under Audio menu but that's about it.

Are you sure the mp3s have good id3 tags? I don't recall off-hand which version the player supports, but it definitely supports em... manual probably says which version they support, I'm just too lazy to check... pretty sure most of my mp3s have both v1 and v2 tags on em anyway.

No setting on the head unit, they just work... (mine is mark levinson without nav, so I just hit the text button to look at the various tag info (title, artist, etc)

You should make sure that there is not a setting to select when buring the CD.