How Long Do The Is 250's Last?

My guestimate would be around 500k, Then rebuild the motor and your good to go.

dude are u being serious or sarcastic?

btw i do not drive like a granny...i mean i use the car...accelerate to 4000 rpm or higher if i need to...

nothing too harsh but i def. dont drive like granny accelerating to 2000 rpm driving at 55mph

i usually drive around 80 mph and rarely more only if i have to pass someone

My guestimate would be around 500k, Then rebuild the motor and your good to go.

dude are u being serious or sarcastic?

btw i do not drive like a granny...i mean i use the car...accelerate to 4000 rpm or higher if i need to...

nothing too harsh but i def. dont drive like granny accelerating to 2000 rpm driving at 55mph

i usually drive around 80 mph and rarely more only if i have to pass someone

Actually quite serious, I plan on getting that out of my GS. :cheers:

The engines in the 2IS haven't been in existence long enough to answer the question. There's probably a tiny handful that might be in the 100k mile range, but the vast majority are still under 50k.

If the engines turn out anything like, say, the NA 2JZ that went into the older GSes then yeah, 500k isn't impossible...I rarely see those have any issues at all upwards of 250-300k miles or more. But it's simply too early to know.

In my experience it's not the engine/drive train that will be the issue. It'll be all the other items that will p*ss you off and aren't cheap.

Items such as....

Seats (springs, cushions, motors)

Electronics (this car is largely electronic)

Altenator

Starter

Calipers

Rears

Suspension

^^^^^+1

Are you really thinking of keeping your car for 500K? Somehow I'm doubt it, but if you are....yeah, all the stuff mentioned in the post above....they will wear out/frustrate you much more than the engine/drive train....less than 15K on ours now....

How can it frustrate me when I know it is going to happen ? My GS is emaculate with 130k now, As suspension/mounts/And the list goes on, Need maintaining I will buy new OEM parts. I am certain I will have other Lexus cars in the barn. I have my eye on a 92 LS400 that is the finest I have seen. That'll be down the line. ;)

How can it frustrate me when I know it is going to happen ? My GS is emaculate with 130k now, As suspension/mounts/And the list goes on, Need maintaining I will buy new OEM parts. I am certain I will have other Lexus cars in the barn. I have my eye on a 92 LS400 that is the finest I have seen. That'll be down the line. ;)

I was admiring a pristine 92 with 110,000 miles the other day. The lady came to get in it and said she planned to keep it as it was such a great car. :(