Ignition Wires (lexus Part Or Aftermarket Oem)

JOEYD2005

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to the Forum although I have been reading for quite some time. First of all, I would like to thank all of you that take the time to post. Your information is invaluable.

I have a 1996 LS400. I would like to do a full tune-up (Distributor Caps & Rotors, Fuel Filter, Plugs & Wires). Regarding the ignition wires, would you recommend that I purchase original Lexus wires (Part No. 9091922379 for $121 @ Park Place Lexus) or aftermarket OEM wires (ProSpark OEM replacement wires for $69 on Ebay)?

Thanks Again

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post to the Forum although I have been reading for quite some time. First of all, I would like to thank all of you that take the time to post. Your information is invaluable.

I have a 1996 LS400. I would like to do a full tune-up (Distributor Caps & Rotors, Fuel Filter, Plugs & Wires). Regarding the ignition wires, would you recommend that I purchase original Lexus wires (Part No. 9091922379 for $121 @ Park Place Lexus) or aftermarket OEM wires (ProSpark OEM replacement wires for $69 on Ebay)?

Thanks Again

If you don't use OEM you will pay and pay, Did I mention PAY ? There are some things that you never mess with and the ignition is one of them.

Joey, DC & Python are right on the money. Rule of thumb - don't sweat the small stuff. In other words, if it's cheap enough, stay with OEM. When it starts getting pricey and isn't a critical core component, compare aftermarket with an eye on quality.

You'll enjoy the low price until the low quality causes a failure. Also, "If it's worth doing in the first place, then it's worth doing right"! ;)