Help Needed - 92 Sc400 Audio System

i have a 94 sc400 stock naka system. the system is kinda slack, it doesnt' bump like how newer systems do (no base). In the back theres a stock sub from naka that came wit the car. i replaced the stock naka deck wit an pioneer mp3 deck. I'm tryin to avoid installin subs in the trunk because i need the space. i was wondering if ne1 out there can offer help or have encountered this issue b4. I was thinkin mayb changing the naka sub with an after market one and wiring that to an amp. not sure if that will work or if its even possible. help me!! thanks

i dont know a ton about all the technical stuff but i have noticed this with my sc400. for some reason with mine, though, the radio sounds terrible but cds and my ipod sound great on the car. not sure if youve tried the other medias as well, because for me the problem is the radio

i get great base with the stock nak system, i cant play burned CD's worth a *BLEEP* but real CD's or the radio work great, are you sure your sub isnt blown, or something went wrong when putting in your new deck? ive been told you can get a 10 inch sub in the stock location with minimal modification, that would leave the stock look as well as leave your trunk space, i dont know much about using the stock amp but with that you can change the amp and get as much "bump" as you would like and still save your trunk.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure you can. I ran mine like that for a long time... My problem came when my 400 watt Rockford Fosgate amp kept blowing the 10" subs i bought. I went through a Rockford, an Infinity and a Kicker before I decided to go ahead and put two 12" Rockford HE2's - then I had to upgrade the amp though. Now I'm at RF speakers front and rear, the 400 watt amp I had running the subs is turned down now and running the 6.5's in the deck and I've got a 1200 watt McIntosh amp pushing the subs. That's the thing about car audio - once you get started, it's hard to stop!

i had that problem in my 92 and as you can see in my signature i got rid of the entire stock system put new pioneer component speakers in and a sub....even when i put the component speakers in the system is kinda just weak the speakers are to small to create that bass by themselves since you dont have 6x9's or anything near that size anyways i would say if youre concerned with bass get a single 12' sub in your trunk it wont take up to much room or like you said you can just get an after market 10 and put it in the housing and run a seperate amp to it i didnt go that route but im sure it would sound fine